Infections?

Started by Scotty, May 24, 2015, 07:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scotty

Hello,
I want to make sure this is not just me.
i have a colony on 30 people. I find that every day i have at least 1 person with some form of infection. It is not killing them but the constant notification is sort of annoying.
Is it normal to have a large amount of infected people?
Below is a list of my current colonists

Listy

Its down to how the infection system works.

What normally happens is you have an outbreak of either Flu, malaria or Plague. This infects several colonists at once.
Each colonist then requires treatment. Each treatment progresses the immunity level. The Immunity level builds up by small amounts over several days (Months for malaria).

So what's happening in your case is all your colonists are getting up and doing work while sick. Then their treatment window comes round and they're doing a task that they'll finish, then walk to a medical bed for treatment. The space between the treatment task pops up, and the moment they climb into bed is generating the yellow alerts.

The way around it is to find the infected colonist and order them to bed, by right clicking on the medical bed and telling them to rest until healed. Then they'll stay in bed until they have developed an immunity. Of course this will put a large chunk of your population out of commission, so you'll need to subsist off your reserves.

If its Malaria you'll need a lot of reserves. That lasts for months! So, possibly for the first time ever in history: Pray for plague!

TLHeart

just treat them quickly, then let them work. It is the get them treated that is important.... no sense in them laying in bed for days and days.