Do peglegs need medicine?

Started by inman30, May 26, 2015, 05:14:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inman30

Why do peg legs need medicine? After all they are just attaching a piece of wood to his leg. Still i guess its for balancing, but peg legs aren't even that good. So I don't think they should need medicine to apply. What do you think?

SSS

They're actually slicing open the bottom of the stump and jamming a stick up in there so it touches the bone and letting it heal up that way. Not very efficient, and quite painful, but who wants to make a proper peg leg with fastening, right?

Support.

inman30

Quote from: SSS on May 26, 2015, 08:55:12 PM
They're actually slicing open the bottom of the stump and jamming a stick up in there so it touches the bone and letting it heal up that way. Not very efficient, and quite painful, but who wants to make a proper peg leg with fastening, right?

Support.
Thank you for telling me, I didn't know that if that is true of course... I feel kind of embarrassed now, lol but then again i didn't know. Did I? But if it is only painful you still don't need medicine though, do you ^^

Darkfirephoenix

Quote from: inman30 on May 27, 2015, 02:41:06 PM

Support.
Thank you for telling me, I didn't know that if that is true of course... I feel kind of embarrassed now, lol but then again i didn't know. Did I? But if it is only painful you still don't need medicine though, do you ^^
Pfff they are all weaklings! In the past ppl had their (infected/heavy wounded) legs amputated WITHOUT any meds, anesthesia and only with knifes and a bonesaw. But then again they needed 2+ ppl to do it, because the patient wouldn't keep still (who would have thought). :D

As for the ingame peglegs: They take just a log and start the operation, so I don't believe that it could be removed without another operation. How about a peg leg that can be strapped onto the person without a operation?

inman30

Quote from: Darkfirephoenix on May 27, 2015, 03:45:48 PM
Quote from: inman30 on May 27, 2015, 02:41:06 PM

Support.
Pfff they are all weaklings! In the past ppl had their (infected/heavy wounded) legs amputated WITHOUT any meds, anesthesia and only with knifes and a bonesaw. But then again they needed 2+ ppl to do it, because the patient wouldn't keep still (who would have thought). :D

As for the ingame peglegs: They take just a log and start the operation, so I don't believe that it could be removed without another operation. How about a peg leg that can be strapped onto the person without a operation?
I agree, there should just be a way to strap a pegleg onto them without medicine. But since they're not using medicine there must be a lowered movement speed or something. For balancing of course.