Child Boards Please

Started by Frankenbeasley, May 27, 2015, 07:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenbeasley

We already have the random raids and joy aspects nailed in this place. I think there should be some micro-management of the forum to adequately represent the RimWorld atmosphere!. I suggest child boards for frequent suggestions.*

Let us create one for all the FoW debates. All the threads can be gathered there. We can call it The Fog Chamber and then everyone who wants to can go fight it out in there and leave the main board for new ideas and less emotionally invested debate.

What frequent suggestions do you think should have their own board and what mildly amusing pun that gets less and less amusing every time you read it name would you give it?

*Please Note: This suggestion is not serious but should be contextualised with a British accent and too much time available. Amusement levels may fall as well as rise. Interest Rate of 0% applies for duration of perusal. Conforms to international standards on self-referential meta-humour and contains 100% of the RDA of joke that is mildly amusing at first but that gets less and less amusing every time you read it. Thank you; I'm here all night!
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

vagineer1

+1 mainly for the kickass red scrolling text at the bottom.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

GamerGuy

and one for multiplayer, the amount of people make a thread saying AdD MuIltypLay0r :D

nmid

Quote from: vagineer1 on May 28, 2015, 03:54:45 AM
+1 mainly for the kickass red scrolling text at the bottom.
+1
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Vas

I've already sent a message to Tynan about having a child board system for the suggestions area, not enough man power to manage the forums.  :P

However, this suggestion topic appears to just be spam, so it might just get deleted instead.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

Anduin1357

Multiplayer discussion board.
Does ammunition need a board?
Delicated events crowdsourcing board.
Map seeds sharing board.

keylocke

you forgot these suggestions :

-anti-killbox (aka : mah open base is better than your impenetrable mountain fortress of doom)
-pregnancy & kids (aka : i can only play quickie games since i can't survive past year 5, why you torture me?)
-additional zones for visitors, jobs, battle-stations, danger zones, patrol areas, guard areas, training areas, separate firefighting/cleaning/repair zones, etc.. (aka : yes please?)

;D

Stealth

Quote from: keylocke on May 29, 2015, 04:30:00 AM
-additional zones for visitors, jobs, battle-stations, danger zones, patrol areas, guard areas, training areas, separate firefighting/cleaning/repair zones, etc.. (aka : yes please?)

This. The game needs a lot more zones!

Frankenbeasley

Quote from: Vas on May 29, 2015, 01:07:02 AM
However, this suggestion topic appears to just be spam, so it might just get deleted instead.

No, not entirely spam. It was tongue in cheek approach to something that I would truly love to see. However, I was painfully aware whilst writing that forum control is horribly labour-intensive, and that the suggestion had doubtless been considered before. I would rather Tynan's energies were free to be used on the game rather than wait for the next alpha in a beautifully organised forum.

Which being said, I have some more suggestion for Child Board names. I think you'll find them mildly amusing at first before they transform into shining examples of the application of the inverse-square law to humour.

FoW = The Fog Chamber or Fog of Jaw
Multiplayer = Multi-brawl
Ammo = pandAMMOnium*
Zones = zzZZONEZZzz

*Unfortunately, this may cause confusion alongside PANDAmonium, the board for for the introduction of huntable Pandas, which is in no way a personal obsession and which is absolutely bound to break the interweb with its popularity.

You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams