Bedroom sizes?

Started by LustrousWolf, May 29, 2015, 05:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LustrousWolf

I used to have small ones until realizing that they complained about it, so then I changed it to 4x7 and that worked fine,  now for some reason when I have made a 4x7 bedroom they start to complain that it is a cramped environment, what should I make the bedroom sizes now? :c

Listy

Quote from: LustrousWolf on May 29, 2015, 05:23:59 AM
I used to have small ones until realizing that they complained about it, so then I changed it to 4x7 and that worked fine,  now for some reason when I have made a 4x7 bedroom they start to complain that it is a cramped environment, what should I make the bedroom sizes now? :c

I used to do 1x2, however recently with the need for personal space I've upped it to 2x3 and given everyone a kingsized bed.

Panzer

Let me guess, you planted the bed in a corner, right? if the head of the colonist is near a wall or in the corner when they go to sleep, they get the cramped environment debuff. Just rotate your beds in the future and everything will be ok.
To be honest, the debuff while sleeping doesnt matter since the mood bar gets locked when they go to sleep, they will neither get bad mood nor good mood while sleeping like they used to before. (I think they should at least get good mood, everything is half as bad when you slept a night over it :P)

LustrousWolf

Quote from: Panzer on May 29, 2015, 05:44:09 AM
Let me guess, you planted the bed in a corner, right? if the head of the colonist is near a wall or in the corner when they go to sleep, they get the cramped environment debuff. Just rotate your beds in the future and everything will be ok.
To be honest, the debuff while sleeping doesnt matter since the mood bar gets locked when they go to sleep, they will neither get bad mood nor good mood while sleeping like they used to before. (I think they should at least get good mood, everything is half as bad when you slept a night over it :P)

No I didnt xD the problem was I was really tired and there was one rock wall still in the room so it wasnt fully 4x7 xD its fixed now tho, thx guys!

AusTLaiN

3х3 with 1 royal bed and 1 sculpture and 1 vent(light can go through it), lamp in corner.
Yes they get debuff, do you care?
To not get it you need at least 2 times more space for every colonist.

Rahjital

Mood doesn't change when colonists are sleeping anyway, so having a cramped bedroom is fine.

harpo99999

at 5x5 I have found that the colonists do NOT get the cramped de-buff with standard bed or royal bed (usually made from wood) a single light , a vent and door, but I usually use a 6x6 with royal bed, light (depending upon a minstal colonist even an autobin from glitter),vent and door(usually wood) and a few alpha ago I was using 7x7 with artworks carpets

Adamiks

In A10 there is no "very cramped environment" debuff, so building big bedrooms don't have a big sense, especially that mood bar gets locked when colonists are sleeping.

I always builds bedroom 2x2 (2x2 free space) with bed and sometimes with sculptures.

seonder

I usually made 1 large dorm with plant pot, sculptures, and everythings that has beaty buff. 10 pawns per dorm, they are all very happy. I fed them with lavish meals off course.

DustBust

I think having the colonists own room is nice but lately I haven't even bothered with it, once you are producing good meals, have art and good floors, I generally stick all of my colonists in the same room or groups of 5 or 10, the debuff from sleeping with others or being cramped isn't that much once you are fulfilling other needs.

The only time I like them to have their own rooms if I have a small colony or I have to take my time against an evil ship and every bit of positive sometimes helps in this case keeping them sane.

Frankenbeasley

You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

Blizz

I usually do a 5x6 rooms for each colonist, complete with a door, heater and light. Considering I mine into a mountain for my home, it makes it super easy with a good miner or two.

Colonists never complain about the room being cramped. Then you have an artist making sculptures for everyone's private abode and put in a few potted plants to level up your grower.

Then carpet takes 150 cloth to lay down.

I /never/ put my colonists in the same room after I have the resources to do otherwise. The debuffs from sleeping with other people and having disturbed sleep (All the way up to x3) absolutely kills morale when I want my colonists to work most of the day.

That's just my two cents; more beautiful private rooms to keep my colonists from breaking. Plus I don't use any walls or resources to build them as I just mine the rooms out.

Cheers!

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Blizz on May 29, 2015, 02:55:47 PM
I usually do a 5x6 rooms for each colonist, complete with a door, heater and light. Considering I mine into a mountain for my home, it makes it super easy with a good miner or two.

Colonists never complain about the room being cramped. Then you have an artist making sculptures for everyone's private abode and put in a few potted plants to level up your grower.

Then carpet takes 150 cloth to lay down.

I /never/ put my colonists in the same room after I have the resources to do otherwise. The debuffs from sleeping with other people and having disturbed sleep (All the way up to x3) absolutely kills morale when I want my colonists to work most of the day.

That's just my two cents; more beautiful private rooms to keep my colonists from breaking. Plus I don't use any walls or resources to build them as I just mine the rooms out.

Cheers!

I wall in the mountain based rooms as well now that the mountain wall tiles give -2 to beauty each. Means that such a room has to be mined 7X6 first, then recieving the same amount of stone bricks/doors/vents etc.

Love this change, came in alpha 10 me thinks, making digging into the mountain a slightly bit more challenging. That's what mountain bases should be: Needed to build the same amount of walls like outside, but also having the digging to do. Very time consuming, but safer (if not killed while working on it).

Blizz

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on May 31, 2015, 03:06:05 AM
I wall in the mountain based rooms as well now that the mountain wall tiles give -2 to beauty each. Means that such a room has to be mined 7X6 first, then recieving the same amount of stone bricks/doors/vents etc.

Love this change, came in alpha 10 me thinks, making digging into the mountain a slightly bit more challenging. That's what mountain bases should be: Needed to build the same amount of walls like outside, but also having the digging to do. Very time consuming, but safer (if not killed while working on it).

Totally. I usually do a 5x6 first, then when I have the resources to spend on walls for everyone (Kind of a low priority, but having 1,000 granite blocks? You can make that happen) I just mine out the perimeter by one and add more walls! Good tip, I didn't really go over that!

Euzio

I do a 7x5 room complete with royal bed, a flower pot, individual room lightings, self-constructed walls on all sides and sometimes even a heater in each room, and they seem pretty happy. Pleasant environment mood buff and all. But they don't get the spacious interior buff but its not an issue. The 7x5 configuration allows me to put a door right in the middle of whichever side of the room I have configured. Helps a little with the OCD tendencies :P