Turrets? what turrets?

Started by hwoo, December 01, 2013, 04:50:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwoo

Before I bought the game I used to watch playthroughs on YouTube to get my rimworld fix. And I based some of my posts behind it.

I used to think turrets were the only feasible way of survival. I was wrong. Gravely.

I have a system now where I channel them through a wall type choke point onto a blanket of rubble (basicaly the waffle defends.) however they sometimes get through because of the lack of turrets so they pose a threat and its exciting. Instead of mindlessly building turrets I used my head and tried to think as if I only had access to the weapons id scavenged.

Fire is your best friend. Every time I get raided I have one guy at the front with molotovs to burn then entrance. The raiders come in.some get set on fire and chaos ensues. Instead of facing thier full might at once. I fight them in waves as they pat themselves put and join in again. I now love fighting with my colonists.

Thank you ty

Semmy

Go look up thewaffle defence.

Its the most awsome best defence if you want easy game.
I myself prefer guarilla warfare and flanking.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

hwoo

See I would love to use such tactics aswell but with the AI so agrresive as it is its not effective. Its like having a bear charge at you. You need to be in a prepared state and already shooting to take it down. Chipping away at its health and running away will only get you dead.

If they had more care for thier lives and took less open cover id use it. But as it is thier too much of a risk to my colonists lives when thier so willingly throwing away thier own.