Let's get those paint brushes moving folks!

Started by Ramsis, May 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

You know what RimWorld is lacking in? The fan art department DUH!

We have a few pictures from the Subreddit but honestly the forums just feels so drab and dull despite our vast community of awesome people coming on daily! My thought? LETS GET SOME ART FLOWING!

Could be anything RimWorld related. Even if it's something as simple as a bunch of stickfigures at least you tried!

Some ideas to get the juices flowing:

A landscape with your base in the background, maybe enemies closing in.
Your base and the colonists inside it.
A sad moment where your doctor can't save your favorite colonist.
Drinking up while relaxing in some comfy chairs with a TV showing a good show.
Flaming Muffalo
The silliest art piece your colonists have made.

These are just some ideas to branch off of folks. This isn't some contest, there is no prize, this is only a request for the more creative members of our flourishing community to get those juices flowing and to make wonderful art pieces. If we get enough we might be able to get a gallery of sorts going on the main site; not to mention a showcase going on the Subreddit.

Drawing a piece of colony artwork? There's a thread for that too! Check it out here:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=11206.0

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Adamiks

I didn't read it because i can't look at your signature (it's so creepy) ;D

ItchyFlea

I can't draw, but if I could, it would be a drawing depicting this scene:

"Thanks for installing my new bionic leg Doc. However I can't seem to be able to walk now." (Said as the patient still lies on the hospital bed)
"Oh, thanks because after installing your new leg I spent an additional 12 hours 'accidentally' removing this. It didn't look important." (The doctor holds up the colonists spine.)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

Ramsis

Quote from: ItchyFlea on May 30, 2015, 11:03:06 PM
I can't draw, but if I could, it would be a drawing depicting this scene:

"Thanks for installing my new bionic leg Doc. However I can't seem to be able to walk now." (Said as the patient still lies on the hospital bed)
"Oh, thanks because after installing your new leg I spent an additional 12 hours 'accidentally' removing this. It didn't look important." (The doctor holds up the colonists spine.)

Any art is welcome! Give it a try!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

jega

RickyMartini

Omg shinzy, I actually laughed irl.   :D

These damn hunters always crossfiring.

RickyMartini

I call this one "Tale of the low skilled doctor":

I'm sorry, I don't really draw that much..

Tynan

Quote from: Skissor on May 31, 2015, 01:01:04 PM

Oh my god this one made me laugh for like 5 minutes. I'm crying.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Panzer

RickyMartini

Quote from: Tynan on May 31, 2015, 01:27:26 PM
Oh my god this one made me laugh for like 5 minutes. I'm crying.

I'm glad I had you laughing!
Although you made the context possible by allowing this logic.  ;)

Ramsis

Tynan, permission to sticky the thread? Also hey mind throwing this topic a shout out over Twitter so we can get some more art flowing in? Would really help the cause and raise the community.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Shinzy

Quote from: Skissor on May 31, 2015, 01:01:04 PM

http://puu.sh/i7k2F/c3a86a4d7c.jpeg

I love the scyther watching telly on the background =P

Quasarrgames

Here's two for you. I know it's kind of poor quality, but i'm getting better...

Centipede in desert with inferno cannon.

Little dark i know. Whoops. It's a scyther in the rain at night. When i first read about scythers and charge lances i thought they'd be these mechanical dogs with actual charged lances that basically instakill people. Guess i was wrong...
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

Ramsis

Hmm....

Actually wait a minute; Tynan can you draw us really rough sketches on what the two actually look like in your head? The ingame's don't really do much justice and it would be great if we could see how the dev perceives them for future art.

- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~