RimWorld Discord/IRC.. pick your poison!

Started by Ramsis, December 12, 2016, 05:37:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramsis

Hey there folks; friendly neighborhood admin guy Ramsi here once again to say words about the goings on in our community!

So, did you know we have both a Discord and an IRC? The IRC is the older and more established of the bunch but the Discord recently came out and both are doing pretty swell on population.

Community Discord server:
https://discordapp.com/invite/K4wQe57
Admins: Ramsis + I is a Monkey Mods: A lot of them and we add an extra one every so often.
Rules:
1.) Keep chat topics to their respective channels, a little cross chat is expected in a focused server, so this isn't enforced strictly.
2.) Be respectful to everyone, this is a friendly server and we intend to keep it that way, if a moderator tells you you're going too far, respect that and stop. 
3.) Don't post things that are NSFW/NSFL
4.) No discussion about politics
5.) Respect the admins and mods.
6.) Don't be annoying!

Official development discord server:
https://discord.gg/FYBsdNX
About: This one is run by the Ludeon developers to help test the game, test unstable builds, and gather feedback. Not a general community server, please join if you want to help test the game and give play feedback or bug reports.

IRC:
Server: irc.quakenet.org
Channel: #rimworld
Direct link: irc://irc.quakenet.org/rimworld
Web interface: http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=rimworld
Rules: Same as forum rules.

"Remember that IRC is not a regular instant-messaging protocol, a lot of people stay in channels even though they're not monitoring what is said."

Sidenote: The Discord tends to be about 60 percent RimWorld and 40 percent silly/happy/fun talk; we have dedicated channels for different types of chatter. Fair warning I practically live in General.
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Spdskatr

Message to aspiring mod makers. We've got plenty of veterans on the discord that can help you with your modding ventures. While you're waiting for a reply in the modding help board, why not drop by the discord?
My mods

If 666 is evil, does that make 25.8069758011 the root of all evil?

Pimmeh

The invite link has expired or is invalid? Is there a different way to join?

Edit: Discord, I mean, sorry.

Dfray011

Also would like to join but link expired!

Ramsis

Sorry for the delay folks, the link for Discord has been changed and should there be any further issue with it please report the thread and I will take care of it! :)

Thanks everyone, pleasure having you join us!
Ugh... I have SO MANY MESSES TO CLEAN UP. Oh also I slap people around who work on mods <3

"Back off man, I'm a scientist."
- Egon Stetmann

Awoo~

Samapple31

Hello! I don't have an account on irc neither discord, steam or patreon. but hey, i'm have a forum account.
Born with pleasure and patience.

Deepfield

I was excited after remembering Rimworld had IRC channel. Having put down discord a few years ago out of personal preference it really made me happy that there was another chat alternative still around. Sadly after coming back to the channel it seems it's becoming more difficult to have a live chat that is not Discord.

I know this is an old thread and I apologize for the necro but if anyone knows of any other active live chat that is not Discord, I and I'm almost sure others would forever be thankful.

westmeathead

Your response provides helpful information about the RimWorld community's Discord and IRC channels, including links, rules, and purposes for each. It's important to note that the Discord and IRC channels serve different functions and have different rules, so it's important to follow the guidelines for each channel.

rosiewilsonnsjh

It's great to hear that you have both a Discord and an IRC for your community!

connections game