Let's get those paint brushes moving folks!

Started by Ramsis, May 30, 2015, 03:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimmyAgnt007

I was wondering if I could make a request of the talented people on here. 

(This isn't the request) I make my own webcomic and would love to find someone to do the art for me.  However the investment of time would be considerable so I am pretty much stuck doing things on my own.  (Though if you are interested let me know)

Id love to do a written story for giggles but have been having issues with a story or setting that works with a one-shot format and dependent on dialog.  I didnt want anything complex that id have to spend forever describing instead of jokes so I had an idea.

(This is the request) I want to do a comic called "All Purpose Support" about someone working in a cell center taking calls from people who need help.  Could be IT, Various Hotlines, whatever.  What Id like help with is a background image.  Someone sitting at a computer with a headset for talking with people in a cubicle.  Sort of Dilbert feel too it.  I can layer on the dialog of the call over top but the background would help add some visual stimulus.  Id appreciate any help in this regard as its only a single image and not a consistent drain on time.  If I get multiple submissions I might rotate through them. 

A Friend

"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

skullywag

No....i will not accept a toe as a new animal...no..dont....
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

muffins

Quote from: skullywag on February 11, 2016, 02:55:55 AM
No....i will not accept a toe as a new animal...no..dont....
I think that I remember in Dwarf Fortress a severed body part could be reanimated by a necromancer and sent against your dwarfs, so your right arm would be trying to fend off your just cut-off left arm lol.

The very last DF game I played a necromancer resurrected all the dead animal corpses in my refuse dump and my colony was wiped out by undead elephants and all the dwarves (now undead dwarves) that they had killed. I laughed so hard.

isistoy

Dead running toes, arms and legs revived, all raging against living colonists and ready to bomb them to death.

Skully, that's a great concept to implement, don't you think?
... (ahem)...
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

skullywag

problem.....pawns have no visual arms/legs/feet/toes/hands/fingers. Otherwise, sure....

A Friend

Quote from: skullywag on February 11, 2016, 06:38:17 AM
problem.....pawns have no visual arms/legs/feet/toes/hands/fingers. Otherwise, sure....

Use the striped box thingy texture!
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

skullywag

Quote from: A Friend on February 11, 2016, 07:23:23 AM

Use the striped box thingy texture!

badtex?

muffins

How about heads?

You crack open an ancient ruin and undead heads roll out, gnashing for your toes!

skullywag

I made that happen by mistake one day anyway, managed to remove all body rendering....around the same time i made big head mode happen:

A Friend

Probably the closest thing we'll ever have to aliens in the game.

MarcTheMerc

Oh god look at parker in the bottom right... lol.
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

muffins

So I was playing RimWorld and this happened ...

Joonfish

Quote from: muffins on February 15, 2016, 10:26:28 PM
So I was playing RimWorld and this happened ...
*snip*

Haha, happens more often than you think! :P I've been busy reading through this art thread, and all your guy's drawings are awesome! Keep on drawing!