Tazer gun

Started by hwoo, December 05, 2013, 02:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hwoo

The amount of times a colonist has gone beserk and been shot down by another of mine before I can even react is astounding. Don't get me wrong I like the mechanic as it shows the consequences of my actions of not keeping them happy/not insane.

But I would like a non lethal method of incapacitation. Like a tazer or stun gun carried by maybe your warden or people incapable of violence as its non lethal. Itd stop my rampaging colonist from getting turned into swish cheese. Give my non violent colonists a peacekeeping type job. And also seeing as it'd be a ranged weapon you could use to it incapacitate a potential colonist that would of otherwise got out of the map in time.

With all our electricity its not that hard to believe our colonists could make a crude stun gun if they can make a auto targeting friend or foe recognition system turret.

Loving the game

daft73

As it is early in development, players must come up with "MacGuyver-esque" solutions...when your colonists start to loose it, throw them in the brig :o. As of now a very effective way to handle mental instability.

The only drawback is loss of production, but hopefully your not getting alot of mental issues in early game...if so you may need to alter early tactics.

hwoo

(this should of been in suggestions my bad)

I've got nigh on 60-70 colonists I think so I just let it happen now and deal with it then haha. To many to micro xD. But thats how it could work. Designated peace keepers who try to calm people down. And if they go beserk they put them down and arrest them without you having to click a thing. Solution to a first world problem

Kender

"tazer"! oh god, I don't want get shocked. Just put sedative in the meal, so they won't get cranky in the first place. : p
Rogue, from Kendermoore of Dragonlance.

Lordshotgun1

If tazers were added it would need to become harder to recruit prisoners as a balance.
Freedom is never free nor is it bought by ritches,it is fought for and paid for in blood.