Killing vs Incapacitate

Started by DDog, December 01, 2013, 09:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DDog

I apologize up front..  I 'm sure this has been covered.. but is there a good way to incapacitate raiders instead of killing them..  seems like 99% of the time they die!

Semmy

At the moment there isnt.
A way to try and have more succes altough its only slightly is going in melee.

In the future there will be more ways added to capture raiders.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Paragonville

todofwar

Quote from: Semmy on December 01, 2013, 10:31:12 PM

I think the ability to recruit prisoners needs to be curtailed a bit. It makes sense now because there are few ways to get new colonists, but would you trust someone who was just shooting at you with a gun? I think in the future captured raiders should be good for slave trade only.

Enjou

Quote from: todofwar on December 02, 2013, 06:57:21 PM

I think the ability to recruit prisoners needs to be curtailed a bit. It makes sense now because there are few ways to get new colonists, but would you trust someone who was just shooting at you with a gun? I think in the future captured raiders should be good for slave trade only.

I'd rather there be a risk rather than outright making the practice unfeasible. Maybe there might be a period where those who are recruited from prison need to be kept more loyal than normal until they get acclimated, or perhaps raiders might have a higher chance of having negative traits that make them less desirable to recruit.

DonLossie

Quote from: Enjou on December 02, 2013, 07:40:41 PM
Quote from: todofwar on December 02, 2013, 06:57:21 PM

I'd rather there be a risk rather than outright making the practice unfeasible. Maybe there might be a period where those who are recruited from prison need to be kept more loyal than normal until they get acclimated, or perhaps raiders might have a higher chance of having negative traits that make them less desirable to recruit.
Maby there could be a chance, that a person you recruited from prison will betray you and the warrent has to have an eye on them 24/7 until the realy fit into the colony. Although I think that people you saved from a crashing area shouldn´t betray you and should be easier to recruit.

NephilimNexus

Quote from: todofwar on December 02, 2013, 06:57:21 PMI think the ability to recruit prisoners needs to be curtailed a bit. It makes sense now because there are few ways to get new colonists, but would you trust someone who was just shooting at you with a gun? I think in the future captured raiders should be good for slave trade only.

How did Jayne Cobb join the crew, again?

ShadowDragon8685

Quote from: NephilimNexus on December 05, 2013, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: todofwar on December 02, 2013, 06:57:21 PMI think the ability to recruit prisoners needs to be curtailed a bit. It makes sense now because there are few ways to get new colonists, but would you trust someone who was just shooting at you with a gun? I think in the future captured raiders should be good for slave trade only.

How did Jayne Cobb join the crew, again?

Malcolm promised him a bedroom of his own and access to the kitchen.
Raiders must die!

NephilimNexus

And all the while Jayne was holding him at gunpoint ... so yes, recruiting captive raiders seems entirely plausible. 

Heck, look at  Rick's group on "Walking Dead" ... Merle, Michone, Daryl, and all the Woodbury survivors ... all were once either Rick's enemies or at least didn't like him.