Threw exception while determining job (New joy object)

Started by cuproPanda, May 31, 2015, 02:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

So, I'm getting this message and I have no idea where to start. I've created an arcade cabinet (XML), bought it (minified) from a trader, installed it, but nobody uses it. I have 4 joy deprived colonists locked in a room, but they have no interest. What am I doing wrong?

This message started getting spammed the second I confirmed the purchase from the trader:
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Haplo

Could it be that you used a new joy kind, but didn't define the new JoyKindDef?
Also you should look into your output_log.txt. There is the whole stack from the error, so that you may get a better idea what's the problem. But I think you are missing a part of the joy definitions you need.

cuproPanda

Ah, thank you! Turns out I was missing a joyKind, which is strange since it was missing on the template block I used to define 3 others, all of which had a joyKind. Strange 3am buggines.

I am still having the issue where nobody will interact with the cabinet. See below for my defs

EDIT: figured it out. Apparently the colonists have to be able to pass through an object to use it? Interesting.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!