Invalid wheelchairs.

Started by Adamiks, May 31, 2015, 10:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamiks

Like above. In real life walking on two peg legs (or even on simple prosthetics) isn't so easy. There could be two variants of invalid wheelchairs - wooden wheelchairs and "normal" wheelchairs. They could be better than peg legs/simple prosthetics on floors but worse on "floors" like dirt etc.

And wheelchairs should be used only when pawn don't have both legs (or cracked spine), not only one.

PotatoOnStick

While i feel like the idea is a good step it should be a luxury(and with that i mean a special kind that can have upgrades or different variants). But for the less fortune i would say that they should be forced to use crutches(wood, metal, plasteel or perhaps even stone) and that they should not really be able to carry anything easily thus limiting what they can do.

Quasarrgames

I really like this idea! And to make it more realistic, perhaps it could take them double the time to get over debris or sandbags.

However, for some reason this game is forbidden to have wheels in it, so i don't think it's going to happen. :(
On the right path, but the wrong medication.

I like how there's a thing that displays how long you've logged in to the forums. It shows just how many hours you've spent here, never to get back...

PotatoOnStick

Quote from: Quasarrgames on May 31, 2015, 06:15:52 PM
I really like this idea! And to make it more realistic, perhaps it could take them double the time to get over debris or sandbags.

However, for some reason this game is forbidden to have wheels in it, so i don't think it's going to happen. :(

How about Hoverchairs then?  ;D

Play2Jens

And all I can think of is this

CremionisD

Jimyoda

Welcome to RimWorld! Come in and browse our store to give your boring old wheelchair some sick style. We have chrome ones, scyther blade spinning ones, message LEDs... If we don't have the rim you're looking for then it doesn't exist... we. are. RimWorld.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Play2Jens

That would be my old colonist with the abrasive trait and no legs, in a wheelchair. He'd be my only hunter. He'd get enormous amounts of joy for hunting down deer and makes someone haul the pray. Because, you know, our redneck is too busy living his awesome life to be doing those kinds of things.

His joy time would consist out of sitting in front of his bedroom and jelling at other colonists who pass him by.

Frankenbeasley

Hehe, way back when I used to play Call of Cthulu, my most fun character ever was a Tibetan policeman who ended up crippled and mad in a wheelchair. He met his end when the party strapped dynamite to him and the chair, gave him a tommy gun, and rolled him down a hill into a cult meeting.

RimWorld seems to have the same ambience for me, as CoC or Paranoia. Good times.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

Stealth

Yup, I think wheelchairs would be a nice addition