[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Adamiks on May 31, 2015, 05:56:26 PM
Quote from: Killaim on May 31, 2015, 05:20:17 PM
the best joy mechanic ever

a table with
(img)

you are welcome

So true ;D

Ahh.... humans, we think we're so smart be we can enjoy things like this ;D

It'll probably need to be restocked from time to time, though... No one likes a limp wrap.

That sounds dirty. I like it.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

AllenWL

I prefer alcoholic drinks, but arcade sounds good too.

Now, all I need is is the visitors to have joy needs so I can open up a bar/arcade/inn/restaurant hybrid and trap them forever and send them out to attack my enemies.

BMS

Quote from: AllenWL on June 01, 2015, 04:59:07 AM
I prefer alcoholic drinks, but arcade sounds good too.

Now, all I need is is the visitors to have joy needs so I can open up a bar/arcade/inn/restaurant

something for visitors to do! i <3 it!  why not make silver off them feed them give them drink ...
Shackleberry: Would be useful if there was an XSD (XML Schema Definition) for each of the XML files, would make validating XML between version far easier.

cuproPanda

Version 1.10 is out! Now there's an arcade machine for every skill, plus a bigger variety of tables!
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Adamiks

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 02, 2015, 06:55:32 PM
Version 1.10 is out! Now there's an arcade machine for every skill, plus a bigger variety of tables!

Nice work. Time to play Halva Life 8)

cuproPanda

Updated to Alpha 11!

I'm currently working on a library and painting update for V2.00
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

AllenWL

Ooh, that'd be nice. Though, I feel that paintings would be more of a beauty thing than joy thing.

Just wondering, but will you ever add consumable joy objects?

harpo99999

Quote from: AllenWL on June 12, 2015, 02:57:06 AM
Ooh, that'd be nice. Though, I feel that paintings would be more of a beauty thing than joy thing.

do you mean 'chocolate'?????

cuproPanda

Quote from: AllenWL on June 12, 2015, 02:57:06 AM

They are both! Paintings provide a small amount of beauty, and colonists can walk up and observe the paintings for a small amount of joy. I'm considering expanding this mod later to be Additional Joy and Beauty Objects, or making a separate mod for beauty.

I may go into consumables later, but I don't know. Mods like Finer Things do a pretty good job of handling joy consumables already (coffee, tobacco, and booze), plus I feel its rather cheap to consume something and instantly fill up half your joy meter. That being said, I may add some consumables in a later update, but for now I don't see a need for them.

Eisenwulf

Now that that Fishing/Aquaculture mod is out, I wonder if it could be re-purposed into a 'hot tub' mod...

...oh, the possibilities when tied to the Romance Mod :p
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
--Robert A. Heinlein

cuproPanda

falcongrey

Only question I have about this mod: is there a way to turn off the skill gain from playing in the arcade or card games?
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

AllenWL

I just realized, but all card tables boost research?
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 12, 2015, 11:22:36 AM
I may go into consumables later, but I don't know. Mods like Finer Things do a pretty good job of handling joy consumables already (coffee, tobacco, and booze), plus I feel its rather cheap to consume something and instantly fill up half your joy meter. That being said, I may add some consumables in a later update, but for now I don't see a need for them.
I guess. I was sorta imagining books to be a item then a colonist would pick up 'use' for joy, then put back, and stuff like really expensive drugs and such from traders.

cuproPanda

Quote from: falcongrey on June 13, 2015, 12:41:33 AM
Only question I have about this mod: is there a way to turn off the skill gain from playing in the arcade or card games?
I can make a patch file for that. Does it feel like points are gained too quickly? The main purpose is to combat the skill reduction, not to act as a leveling mechanic.

Quote from: AllenWL on June 13, 2015, 01:46:44 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 12, 2015, 11:22:36 AM
I guess. I was sorta imagining books to be a item then a colonist would pick up 'use' for joy, then put back, and stuff like really expensive drugs and such from traders.

They do, so does chess. It's very slow, though. Think of how doing crossword puzzles or sudoku keeps your mind sharp; it's because you're using cognitive processes, not just staring blankly at a TV.

I had originally planned to have bookshelves function that way (I even picked out some punny book titles), however that would require writing code, and I'm still learning to program and working on programming in my own game, so if like to keep the two separate for now. For now, drawing a crappy pixel art object and XML modding offers an enjoyable break from the programming, substance design, sound/music theory and production, modeling/rigging/animation, etc. that I'm currently doing. If (I'd like to say when) I get into .dll instead of XML, the bookcase is one of the first things I'll change.

AllenWL

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 13, 2015, 02:31:36 AM
Quote from: AllenWL on June 13, 2015, 01:46:44 AM

They do, so does chess. It's very slow, though. Think of how doing crossword puzzles or sudoku keeps your mind sharp; it's because you're using cognitive processes, not just staring blankly at a TV.
I was just thinking how having a bunch of different looking tables that pretty much have the same effect was kinda.. bland
Pity we don't have stuff like intellect or whatever.