[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eisenwulf

How difficult would a Zen Garden be to create (mod-wise)? (and make the size scalable?)

Effects? ... beauty (obviously); mitigate poor mood?
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
--Robert A. Heinlein

AllenWL

How about alters and shrines where colonists go en-mass to pray?

cuproPanda

Quote from: 1000101 on June 17, 2015, 02:06:24 AM
If I may make a suggestion, make the reading tables "free" to build but only provide joy/skill based on quanity/types of bookselves in a radius or the room.  It would require a little dll coding but it shouldn't be too hard.  Plus, you can then have multiple book types for different purposes (each skill) so for people like me who like to collect, can work on building a "complete" library.

Anyway, great job on the mod, I've incorporated it into my personal modpile.  :)
That's one of the first things I plan on changing once I start writing code for the mod. I will either make reading tables scan the room they are in or I will make bookcases scan for social proper areas in the room - probably the former. Good idea for collecting books, I was just thinking of having generic titles. I might do a generic collection for general reading and specific books relating to skills.

Quote from: Eisenwulf on June 18, 2015, 09:44:53 AM
How difficult would a Zen Garden be to create (mod-wise)? (and make the size scalable?)

Effects? ... beauty (obviously); mitigate poor mood?
I would love to do that. One option would be to make a custom textured floor and different rock formations, sozu, koi ponds, etc. Joy jobs could include watching the koi, meditating, and enjoying the scenery. How hard? Probably not hard at all. I would probably break this into a separate mod, though, since it's more specific and themed.

Quote from: AllenWL on June 18, 2015, 09:52:57 AM
How about alters and shrines where colonists go en-mass to pray?
Meh. Not really my thing. I like to think by the time people are advanced enough to get crashed on a foreign planet they are advanced enough to leave silly things like religions behind - at least most of them.

OK, so future plans as of now:

- Add rainbow flower for dye (I'll start tonight)
- Add tea from the flower for consumable joy
- Fix painting rotation problem
- Start on zen garden project
- Add .ddl stuff, including massage chair(proving to be a major pain with xml) and better library things
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Ienkoron

I seem to be having a problem with Bookshelves, I cannot place them down, everything else is fine tho....
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

cuproPanda

Quote from: Ienkoron on June 18, 2015, 11:11:44 AM
I seem to be having a problem with Bookshelves, I cannot place them down, everything else is fine tho....

I can confirm this problem. I'll get it fixed.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Ienkoron

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 18, 2015, 11:14:42 AM

Ta muchly :) (starts dreaming of a library to match Alexandria :D )

cuproPanda

Quote from: Ienkoron on June 18, 2015, 11:27:04 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 18, 2015, 11:14:42 AM

Ta muchly :) (starts dreaming of a library to match Alexandria :D )

Your dreams have come true! (or they will as long as your construction can match Alexandria  :P)

v2.02 is done. Small problem with bookcases being minified. You can build them now, but now they can't be purchased. I'll have that working in 2.1 (requires making a crafting table for bookcases)

Ienkoron

AllenWL

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 18, 2015, 11:00:26 AM
Meh. Not really my thing. I like to think by the time people are advanced enough to get crashed on a foreign planet they are advanced enough to leave silly things like religions behind - at least most of them.
Well, a lot of the people are from medieval worlds or are club-toting tribesmen... and while religions are not for all, you're crashed on a deserted planet where people are trying to kill you every other week. I think that's a good time as any to start asking favors from a higher being. Doesn't cost us a thing, right? Besides, who doesn't like pushing the blame to higher forces?

On another note, won't it be nice if colonists had pets? Not as entities, but like little fish in bowls and hamsters in cages you can buy then install in the colonist's rooms/assign a colonist to like beds, and they can go watch/play/feed/whatever with the pet and be happy.

cuproPanda

Quote from: AllenWL on June 20, 2015, 02:32:14 AM
Well, a lot of the people are from medieval worlds or are club-toting tribesmen... and while religions are not for all, you're crashed on a deserted planet where people are trying to kill you every other week. I think that's a good time as any to start asking favors from a higher being. Doesn't cost us a thing, right? Besides, who doesn't like pushing the blame to higher forces?

On another note, won't it be nice if colonists had pets? Not as entities, but like little fish in bowls and hamsters in cages you can buy then install in the colonist's rooms/assign a colonist to like beds, and they can go watch/play/feed/whatever with the pet and be happy.
You do raise a good point. I guess it all depends on what I'm doing when I'm writing code. Both examples -churches/mosques/etc and pets- will require some interesting c# work, and for now I'm trying to keep my mods limited to xml. I will get into c#, but I'm still very inexperienced and spending most of my day learning it, so I'm trying to wait. For the worship, I could set a timetable. It's not quite the same as weekly service, but it's similar. For the pets, limiting them to one room would be pretty simple, and giving a certain colonist a joy time to play with their pet would also be pretty easy. I'm surprised somebody hasn't made pets yet.

Beathrus

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 20, 2015, 12:00:53 PM

You do raise a good point. I guess it all depends on what I'm doing when I'm writing code. Both examples -churches/mosques/etc and pets- will require some interesting c# work, and for now I'm trying to keep my mods limited to xml. I will get into c#, but I'm still very inexperienced and spending most of my day learning it, so I'm trying to wait. For the worship, I could set a timetable. It's not quite the same as weekly service, but it's similar. For the pets, limiting them to one room would be pretty simple, and giving a certain colonist a joy time to play with their pet would also be pretty easy. I'm surprised somebody hasn't made pets yet.

To be honest, you don't have to give a 'name' to a religion. I mean, my colonist sometimes 'prays' for joy. So why not keep religious stuff simple, like just 'altar' and 'mat' Mat is something they can sit on, choose to meditate, or pray; and altar they can pray at? Like small, 1 block things or modular. So you can make big or small altars. And also, statues; 'Religious Statue'. So whatever the players religion is, they can choose.

Also, as more 'advanced' fun, why not Frisbee?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Beathrus on June 20, 2015, 06:23:39 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 20, 2015, 12:00:53 PM

To be honest, you don't have to give a 'name' to a religion. I mean, my colonist sometimes 'prays' for joy. So why not keep religious stuff simple, like just 'altar' and 'mat' Mat is something they can sit on, choose to meditate, or pray; and altar they can pray at? Like small, 1 block things or modular. So you can make big or small altars. And also, statues; 'Religious Statue'. So whatever the players religion is, they can choose.

Also, as more 'advanced' fun, why not Frisbee?
That's probably what I would do. Hassocks, mats, deity statues, etc. Keep it generic and inclusive. Frisbees may be complicated, since it forces two colonists to not only engage in the same activity at the same time, but also stand completely still(boring) or move in sync(complex pathfinding).

cuproPanda

v2.10 is out! Added a rainbow flower for paint and tea, plus random fixes and balances

Beathrus

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 21, 2015, 08:21:29 PM
v2.10 is out! Added a rainbow flower for paint and tea, plus random fixes and balances

I tried to get it, but it always fails. :/ I don't think Google Drive likes me.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Beathrus on June 21, 2015, 08:58:57 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 21, 2015, 08:21:29 PM

I tried to get it, but it always fails. :/ I don't think Google Drive likes me.
It should be working. Bitly shows 8 downloads and the link works for me... I don't know why it isn't working.

EDIT: I tested on another computer that isn't logged in, that works too. Is anyone else having this problem?