[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ienkoron

I keep forgetting how to download it for a few minutes XD
Also I started building the Mega library :D
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

Beathrus

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 21, 2015, 09:08:48 PM
Quote from: Beathrus on June 21, 2015, 08:58:57 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 21, 2015, 08:21:29 PM
v2.10 is out! Added a rainbow flower for paint and tea, plus random fixes and balances

I tried to get it, but it always fails. :/ I don't think Google Drive likes me.
It should be working. Bitly shows 8 downloads and the link works for me... I don't know why it isn't working.

EDIT: I tested on another computer that isn't logged in, that works too. Is anyone else having this problem?

Its prolly just my net. Its bad, like really bad. I was having the same problem with other files on like mediafire. :/

DizzyCrash

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 31, 2015, 01:41:47 PM
Additional Joy Objects

Description:
This mod adds new objects and activities that bring joy to colonists.

NOTE: Most of the objects in this mod slowly give points in different skills. This is not to gain levels, but to prevent levels from being lost when those skills are not being used. For example, a doctor can practice their medical knowledge in Trauma Vendor to make sure they don't forget anything during those long months with no injuries.
The skill point gain shouldn't cause colonists to gain levels, but there is an optional patch file that prevents any skill point gain if you would prefer to use it.

Items Added:
Pile of Books: Crafting ingredient for the Reading Table and Bookcase. Purchased from Joy Traders, Exotic Traders, and Bulk Goods Traders
Painting Supplies: Crafting ingredient for the Easel. Purchased from Joy Traders, Exotic Traders, and Bulk Goods Traders
Rainbow Petals: Harvested from the Spectago flower, these petals can be brewed into paint or tea. Yum!

Objects Added:
Go Table: Similar to the chess table, provides colonists with another game to play while keeping their research up.
Reversi Table: Similar to the chess table, provides colonists with another game to play while keeping their research up.
Card Table: A table perfect for a colonists bedroom or for an entertainment room. Keeps research up.
RimColony: A special board game purchased from traders. Keeps social up.

Bookcase: Decorative object that provides beauty.
Reading Table: A table for a colonist to read books at. Provides passive joy.
Easel: Can be used to craft paintings, and colonists can also doodle on it (meditative joy).
Painting: Provides a small amount of beauty and joy for colonists. Be careful! An untalented artist can make an ugly painting!

Arcade, Rum Swirled: Entertains colonists while keeping their construction up.
Arcade, MintCraft: Entertains colonists while keeping their crafting up.
Arcade, Halva Life: Entertains colonists while keeping their shooting up.
Arcade, Elder Scones: Entertains colonists while keeping their melee up.
Arcade, Baguettris: Entertains colonists while keeping their research up.
Arcade, Cooking Baba: Entertains colonists while keeping their cooking up.
Arcade, Plants Vs. Salamis: Entertains colonists while keeping their growing up.
Arcade, Psycho Knots: Entertains colonists while keeping their artistic up.
Arcade, Speltunky: Entertains colonists while keeping their mining up.
Arcade, The Zimz: Entertains colonists while keeping their social up.
Arcade, Trauma Vendor: Entertains colonists while keeping their medicine up.

All arcade cabinets are purchased from pleasure cruisers or exotic goods traders and consume 250W of power.

Author
cuproPanda

Changelog

v2.10:
Added unfinished painting
Balanced painting time
Added credits list for paintings used
Painting supplies now stack to 10
Easel only costs wood to build; paintings cost 1 painting supplies + 1 cloth
Added spectago flower for paint making
Added tea made from the spectago petals

v2.02:
Fixed issue with Bookcase being unplaceable.

v2.01:
Fixed RimColony reportString to correctly show current activity.

v2.00:
Added Bookcase, Reading Table, Easel, Painting, Painting Supplies, Pile of Books, and Pleasure Cruiser(trader).
Arcades no longer require stool, can now be rotated.
[bug] paintings cannot be rotated. This is likely due to an issue with Graphic_Random and will be fixed in a future update.
Added optional patch removing skill gain

v1.20:
Updated to Alpha 11, finishing v2 features.

v1.10:
Added reversi table, card table, RimColony, and 7 arcades

v1.00:
Initial release for Alpha 10. Includes go table and 4 arcades

Download
(Alpha 11)
v2.10
http://bit.ly/1eBQmQ4

v2.02 (Bugfix, see changelog)
http://bit.ly/1TxBEt9
v2.01 (Bugfix, see changelog)
http://bit.ly/1TkopvV
v2.00
http://bit.ly/1B8Zc1Q

v2.xx Skill Patch (Optional, removes skill gain)
http://bit.ly/1dE6QpR

v1.20
http://bit.ly/1cNZ9wu

(Alpha 10)
v1.10
http://bit.ly/1BNagfA

v1.00
http://bit.ly/1JpOC96

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.

Installing the skill patch:
- Navigate to the RimWorld/Mods/AdditionalJoyObjects/Defs/JobDefs folder.
- Delete the old Jobs_AJO.xml and replace it with the new one.
- Objects from this mod will no longer give a skill bonus

Do I need to craft these objects? They are not appearing in my game and I am wondering if I need to research them?

cuproPanda

Quote from: DizzyCrash on June 26, 2015, 12:35:06 PM
-OP-

Do I need to craft these objects? They are not appearing in my game and I am wondering if I need to research them?
Nothing requires researching as of v2.1

The Go Table, Reversi Table, Card Table, Bookcase, Reading Table, and the Easel are all found within the Architect. Most are under the Joy tab, but the Production and Furniture tab are also used. As for the arcades and RimColony, they are only purchased from traders. If you are unable to find them still, make sure the mod is enabled in the main menu and the /Rimworld/Mods folder contains the extracted AdditionalJoyObjects folder
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

DizzyCrash

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 26, 2015, 02:59:54 PM
-OP-

The Go Table, Reversi Table, Card Table, Bookcase, Reading Table, and the Easel are all found within the Architect. Most are under the Joy tab, but the Production and Furniture tab are also used. As for the arcades and RimColony, they are only purchased from traders. If you are unable to find them still, make sure the mod is enabled in the main menu and the /Rimworld/Mods folder contains the extracted AdditionalJoyObjects folder
Can there be a version without the Arcades? I tried going into the XML files and deleting all the stats for the things that said arcade but didnt seem to work, infact nothing is appearing now, I dont claim to understand how to mod this game, i was taking the dwarf fortress approuch to modding, "Delete the words, it deletes the object" but now I am assuming its much more complex than that...  I really like the tables and book shelves and think its all wonderful but I dont like the feel of the arcades and such and it clutters up the menus.

How hard would it be to remove the arcades?

cuproPanda

Quote from: DizzyCrash on June 26, 2015, 04:41:59 PM
-OP-

Can there be a version without the Arcades? I tried going into the XML files and deleting all the stats for the things that said arcade but didnt seem to work, infact nothing is appearing now, I dont claim to understand how to mod this game, i was taking the dwarf fortress approuch to modding, "Delete the words, it deletes the object" but now I am assuming its much more complex than that...  I really like the tables and book shelves and think its all wonderful but I dont like the feel of the arcades and such and it clutters up the menus.

1) Delete the 11 arcade textures from /Textures/Things/Buildings/Joy
2) Delete the /Defs folder (or move it to the desktop as a backup)
3) Extract the attached folder to /AdditionalJoyObjectsV2.1/

This should fix the problem. I am currently unable to test if it works because I am on my Craptop® which can't handle running the game. The only thing to keep in mind when removing stuff from mods is that there are multiple references to each object in multiple files, so for removing the arcades I removes the references in Buildings, Jobs, JoyGivers, etc. as well as removing the textures. just make sure you remove the entire XML block, too.

[attachment deleted due to age]
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Patrykbono20

DizzyCrash

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 26, 2015, 06:10:39 PM
-OP-

This should fix the problem. I am currently unable to test if it works because I am on my Craptop® which can't handle running the game. The only thing to keep in mind when removing stuff from mods is that there are multiple references to each object in multiple files, so for removing the arcades I removes the references in Buildings, Jobs, JoyGivers, etc. as well as removing the textures. just make sure you remove the entire XML block, too.

Man you are a cool modder helping people out upon request like that, and so quickly, i actually am really really thankful!

cuproPanda

Quote from: DizzyCrash on June 26, 2015, 07:56:04 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 26, 2015, 06:10:39 PM
-OP-

Man you are a cool modder helping people out upon request like that, and so quickly, i actually am really really thankful!
lol thanks! It's no problem, just a small change that allows people to enjoy the mod more :)

cuproPanda

Released version 0.10 of Zen Garden! I'm very busy recently, so it'll be a while before this becomes a well-rounded mod. For now, try it out and let me know what you think! Share some screenshots of your designs!

Eisenwulf

Quote from: cuproPanda on July 01, 2015, 12:28:50 AM
Released version 0.10 of Zen Garden! I'm very busy recently, so it'll be a while before this becomes a well-rounded mod. For now, try it out and let me know what you think! Share some screenshots of your designs!
:) Looks nice! Glad I suggested it...
Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do.
--Robert A. Heinlein

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Eisenwulf on July 01, 2015, 01:32:30 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on July 01, 2015, 12:28:50 AM
:) Looks nice! Glad I suggested it...
Indeed. I'm excited to see how v1 turns out! I've always been a fan of zen themes and rock gardens

cuproPanda

I just realized I forgot to add a recipe to craft gravel. Sorry about that. New download is available

Riot Lightbulb

How do you brew tea? I've grown the plants, harvested the leaves, researched brewing, got a brewing bench, but can only make beer. I dont see any other research i need or anything else to build. No new recipes on cook stove either.