[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joaonunes

Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

cuproPanda

Quote from: joaonunes on May 16, 2016, 02:49:20 PM
Any possibility for a compatibility patch for More Traits? For BrainMod of course.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20166.0

Possibly in the future. BrainMod still has some kinks I need to work out first.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

nobrainer

If I want to disable some components of the CorePanda pack, like the stump stool, mudbricks or the simple crafting table for example, is it a matter of commenting those entries in the ThingDefs XML files?

cuproPanda

Quote from: nobrainer on May 17, 2016, 05:39:59 PM
If I want to disable some components of the CorePanda pack, like the stump stool, mudbricks or the simple crafting table for example, is it a matter of commenting those entries in the ThingDefs XML files?

For the stump stool and mudbricks, yes - as long as you comment/remove all references to them. For the simple crafting table, you'd also have to comment out the references to it in any of my other mods that you are using and that use the table.

In the next version or two I'll see about putting in a special "safe to remove" folder which contains all the stuff that isn't needed by my other mods. That way, it'll simply be a matter of finding the file/folder with the thing you want to remove, and deleting it.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Drakoflame

I'm new to the thread, and this is the first place i'm making a comment on, because I need help. Where do I make/what research unlocks the Insulated Copper Cables? I need them for the mid-tier type machines (that start using electricity), I got lucky when a cargo-pod dropped with 27 so I could make the Hi-Tech research station, but now I need 30 for the machining table, which was where I thought they were but now I think its unlocked by research

cuproPanda

Quote from: Drakoflame on May 17, 2016, 10:05:26 PM
I'm new to the thread, and this is the first place i'm making a comment on, because I need help. Where do I make/what research unlocks the Insulated Copper Cables? I need them for the mid-tier type machines (that start using electricity), I got lucky when a cargo-pod dropped with 27 so I could make the Hi-Tech research station, but now I need 30 for the machining table, which was where I thought they were but now I think its unlocked by research

Sorry about that, I could've sworn I put that on the main post. You need to research smithing, and they are made at the smithing table. It doesn't fit exactly, but I figured it was better to use the smithing table than add a new table/research for just 1 recipe.

Drakoflame

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 17, 2016, 11:12:31 PM
Sorry about that, I could've sworn I put that on the main post. You need to research smithing, and they are made at the smithing table. It doesn't fit exactly, but I figured it was better to use the smithing table than add a new table/research for just 1 recipe.

Aaaahhh, alright, and well, aside from waiting for the RNG Gods/AI to send you come insulated copper cables, you could make it at the stove. Think, your wrapping the copper in rubber, so you need to heat it up, and soften it up, so you can wrap it around. But having it at the smithing table works. Also, something that would also make sense, would be putting it into the "insulated batteries" research, if you have that addon installed (I was researching that thinking thats where it would be, because it made sense to me, but smithing also does kinda work)

DFC

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 11, 2016, 05:47:25 PM
Quote from: ferriocious on May 11, 2016, 04:53:51 PM
SodaBrewing causes Hospitality to fail. Guests that have been rescued do not have a pawn.timetable, so SodaBrewing.ThinkNode_ConditionalTired throws an exception on every tick (I think) for every such guest and prevents the guests from doing anything. They just stand and collapse eventually.

I just disabled the timetable check if it doesn't exist and it seems to work.

Sorry if it's been already mentioned, I didn't scroll through all 22 pages..
I already managed to stumble across that while updating, so it will be fixed in the new version coming out in a few days. Sorry about that!

Quote from: JackeryFox on May 11, 2016, 05:33:44 PM
Just a small request for some new items for the additional joy objects; Bathroom stuff such as toilets, showers, sinks, baths.
I don't have any plans on adding new features to that mod for a while, but I'll keep it in mind. CorePanda has a basic sink, but if I add full bathroom features, I'd want to do it right - Sims style, with a bladder need and a cleanliness subneed.

May please I ask how to disable the timetables for my v1.60, I got an existing colony that I would like to fix without having to update and restart.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Drakoflame on May 17, 2016, 11:51:04 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on May 17, 2016, 11:12:31 PM

Aaaahhh, alright, and well, aside from waiting for the RNG Gods/AI to send you come insulated copper cables, you could make it at the stove. Think, your wrapping the copper in rubber, so you need to heat it up, and soften it up, so you can wrap it around. But having it at the smithing table works. Also, something that would also make sense, would be putting it into the "insulated batteries" research, if you have that addon installed (I was researching that thinking thats where it would be, because it made sense to me, but smithing also does kinda work)

It wouldn't be difficult to do there, but I chose the smithing table since you're crafting the cables as well as wrapping them in rubber, which would be out of place at the regular stove. I think what I should do is make the insulated batteries research require smithing, since that's something that is needed to make the batteries anyways, thus making it a natural progression. Most of the features in EXP came from a personal mod I was using in A12 called CHEM(cupro's harder expansion module) which I've been slowly implementing throughout my mods for A13. In CHEM, I had an assembly table with a bunch of recipes for circuits which required silicon, copper traces, rubber, etc. I thought it best to leave those features out for now, since I'm not trying to make it that hard. It did take a lot of work to do. So to sum up my rambling, that's why I chose the smithing table. I'll do what I can to clear up any future confusion.

Quote from: DFC on May 18, 2016, 12:41:03 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on May 11, 2016, 05:47:25 PM
Quote from: ferriocious on May 11, 2016, 04:53:51 PM
SodaBrewing causes Hospitality to fail. Guests that have been rescued do not have a pawn.timetable, so SodaBrewing.ThinkNode_ConditionalTired throws an exception on every tick (I think) for every such guest and prevents the guests from doing anything. They just stand and collapse eventually.

I just disabled the timetable check if it doesn't exist and it seems to work.

Sorry if it's been already mentioned, I didn't scroll through all 22 pages..
I already managed to stumble across that while updating, so it will be fixed in the new version coming out in a few days. Sorry about that!

Quote from: JackeryFox on May 11, 2016, 05:33:44 PM
Just a small request for some new items for the additional joy objects; Bathroom stuff such as toilets, showers, sinks, baths.
I don't have any plans on adding new features to that mod for a while, but I'll keep it in mind. CorePanda has a basic sink, but if I add full bathroom features, I'd want to do it right - Sims style, with a bladder need and a cleanliness subneed.

May please I ask how to disable the timetables for my v1.60, I got an existing colony that I would like to fix without having to update and restart.

Unfortunately, you can't since it is coded in the .dll, and I no longer have the files for v1.60. The only solution I can recommend is to consume/sell/destroy the energy drinks. Peppi restores rest, but pawns don't check for that since it's only 5%.

Drakoflame

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 18, 2016, 01:07:09 AM
It wouldn't be difficult to do there, but I chose the smithing table since you're crafting the cables as well as wrapping them in rubber, which would be out of place at the regular stove. I think what I should do is make the insulated batteries research require smithing, since that's something that is needed to make the batteries anyways, thus making it a natural progression. Most of the features in EXP came from a personal mod I was using in A12 called CHEM(cupro's harder expansion module) which I've been slowly implementing throughout my mods for A13. In CHEM, I had an assembly table with a bunch of recipes for circuits which required silicon, copper traces, rubber, etc. I thought it best to leave those features out for now, since I'm not trying to make it that hard. It did take a lot of work to do. So to sum up my rambling, that's why I chose the smithing table. I'll do what I can to clear up any future confusion.

Ahh, that does make sense xD. And, as for the other parts of the mod, you could still add them, but make them part of a "Hard" version, so you have the "easy" version, that just adds the few things you've got now, and the "hard" version adds the table with those other recipes.

Also, is there a way to increase the amount of your ores (cold/glowstone, quarts, copper) that spawn in a map? Currently the only way I've gotten coldstone and glowstone in my new map, is by using a quarry. I found an ancient structure that was made of copper walls, and got a bunch more from dissasembling the cryo-pods, and I've only gotten 4 quarts from the worlds tiniest vein of 2 wide... its... fustrating to say the least, I had three seperate chunk piles for all the chunks I mined out of the quarry, as well as from my mining (granted I'm only in a small hill, half of the map is still mountain, I'm sure there's some in there, I just don't have the people power to do it, I'm struggling as is to keep people happy and keep my base clean)

nobrainer

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 17, 2016, 06:54:09 PM
Quote from: nobrainer on May 17, 2016, 05:39:59 PM

For the stump stool and mudbricks, yes - as long as you comment/remove all references to them. For the simple crafting table, you'd also have to comment out the references to it in any of my other mods that you are using and that use the table.

In the next version or two I'll see about putting in a special "safe to remove" folder which contains all the stuff that isn't needed by my other mods. That way, it'll simply be a matter of finding the file/folder with the thing you want to remove, and deleting it.

Thanks for the info cuproPanda.
I tried commenting some stuff in the XML files and started getting some errors when loading my current game. I suppose I must have some references inside the save file (mudbrick floors, CP_Apparel_Tribal).
As far as the simple crafting table goes there's also an entry in a WorkGiver XML file. Don't know if I should comment that out as well.

cuproPanda

New updates are finished! I fixed a few issues and added a few small features, nothing major.

Drakoflame

Yay for the updates :D now, hopefully I can survive more than a year and do fun things :D (note to self, don't try to survive in Ice Planes biome without a source of wood...)

vteam

Hi, I'm trying to use brainmod but it doesn't do anything when my colonist use it. My output log show this:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Kevin, Job=UseBrainMod A=Thing_BrainMod_Optimist909293, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BrainMod.BrainMod.UsedBy (Verse.Pawn user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseItem+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator1C.<>m__56 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

not sure if it's a mod conflict because I've got other mods running.

cuproPanda

Quote from: vteam on May 22, 2016, 09:36:35 AM
Hi, I'm trying to use brainmod but it doesn't do anything when my colonist use it. My output log show this:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Kevin, Job=UseBrainMod A=Thing_BrainMod_Optimist909293, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BrainMod.BrainMod.UsedBy (Verse.Pawn user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseItem+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator1C.<>m__56 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

not sure if it's a mod conflict because I've got other mods running.

Ill do some testing and see what I can find. Are you using the New Traits (or whatever it's called) mod? That might cause a conflict with the traits.