[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runelea

Hey Cupro, was just thinking about a nice addition while looking though the Dwarfen Crafts mod. A necklace using Glowstone, would provide portable light for the colonist who equips it.

vteam

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 22, 2016, 10:17:15 AM
Quote from: vteam on May 22, 2016, 09:36:35 AM
Hi, I'm trying to use brainmod but it doesn't do anything when my colonist use it. My output log show this:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Kevin, Job=UseBrainMod A=Thing_BrainMod_Optimist909293, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at BrainMod.BrainMod.UsedBy (Verse.Pawn user) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseItem+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator1C.<>m__56 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

not sure if it's a mod conflict because I've got other mods running.

Ill do some testing and see what I can find. Are you using the New Traits (or whatever it's called) mod? That might cause a conflict with the traits.

Yes, I'm using the new trait mod too. I guess that might be the conflict.  :-\

RagingLoony

dunno if you're aware but you left the <orbital>true</orbital> out of the traderkinds def file for the amu_trader. is that intentional? i stumbled upon it while trying to make a few mod added items spawn in appropriate traders lol

cuproPanda

Quote from: vteam on May 22, 2016, 01:11:20 PM
Hi, I'm trying to use brainmod but it doesn't do anything when my colonist use it. My output log show this:

JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Kevin, Job=UseBrainMod A=Thing_BrainMod_Optimist909293, Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at RimWorld.JobDriver_UseItem+<MakeNewToils>c__Iterator1C.<>m__56 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobDriver.TryActuallyStartNextToil () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Ill do some testing and see what I can find. Are you using the New Traits (or whatever it's called) mod? That might cause a conflict with the traits.

I wasn't able to find an issue with the optimist trait, but I did a little rewriting and found an issue preventing singular traits (brawler, gay, etc.) from working. Hopefully that'll fix your problem too!

Quote from: RagingLoony on May 22, 2016, 01:53:40 PM
dunno if you're aware but you left the <orbital>true</orbital> out of the traderkinds def file for the amu_trader. is that intentional? i stumbled upon it while trying to make a few mod added items spawn in appropriate traders lol

I wasn't, so I went ahead and just added that. Thanks!

I released a few small updates along with the ones mentioned here
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Drakoflame

I just noticed something... you can't make Mud Bricks or Bricks without clay... but in a Temerate Forest biome, you can't get clay, because there is no shallow waters or marshy soil... perhaps an alternative way to craft clay? Say... Dirt, Sand, and a Bucket of Fresh Water? otherwise the only way to get those materials is to trade with someone, or find a structure generated in the map

joaonunes

Quote from: Drakoflame on May 22, 2016, 07:49:37 PM
I just noticed something... you can't make Mud Bricks or Bricks without clay... but in a Temerate Forest biome, you can't get clay, because there is no shallow waters or marshy soil... perhaps an alternative way to craft clay? Say... Dirt, Sand, and a Bucket of Fresh Water? otherwise the only way to get those materials is to trade with someone, or find a structure generated in the map

I think that is not bad... You cant expect to find many plants on the desert, just like you cant/shouldnt find all resource types on every map. That turns the game easier, although it would be a good feature to the game, editing what spawns in the world/map
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

Nanao-kun

In the Details section of the stuff from Dwarven Crafts, it states Artistic skill, but you can't actually make them unless you can craft. I had an artist that couldn't make any of them since she couldn't do skilled labor.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Drakoflame on May 22, 2016, 07:49:37 PM

As joaonunes said, it's just a limitation of where you are. Temperate Forests do spawn shallow water in certain places, but not always.

Quote from: Nanao-kun on May 22, 2016, 08:16:56 PM
In the Details section of the stuff from Dwarven Crafts, it states Artistic skill, but you can't actually make them unless you can craft. I had an artist that couldn't make any of them since she couldn't do skilled labor.

I originally wanted them all to have an artistic quality, but then they'd only be able to stack 1 at a time, to be sold for < 20 silver. I need to change them to be crafting. Or should they be a full art job, just without the quality part? That way an artist can start crafting early in the game. 
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

vteam

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 22, 2016, 02:41:38 PM

I wasn't able to find an issue with the optimist trait, but I did a little rewriting and found an issue preventing singular traits (brawler, gay, etc.) from working. Hopefully that'll fix your problem too!

Thanks! That fixed it for me.  :D

cuproPanda

Quote from: Runelea on May 22, 2016, 10:21:12 AM
Hey Cupro, was just thinking about a nice addition while looking though the Dwarfen Crafts mod. A necklace using Glowstone, would provide portable light for the colonist who equips it.
It's a nice idea, but there's already a mod that does that, plus it would require users to use Powerless in order to use Dwarven Crafts.

Quote from: vteam on May 23, 2016, 03:10:45 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on May 22, 2016, 02:41:38 PM

Thanks! That fixed it for me.  :D

Glad to hear it :)

Kaballah

Been playing with BrainMod for a while and I'm glad to hear you caught and fixed the bug involving singular traits, good job.

LustrousWolf

cuproPanda

Exende

hey Panda, this mod is awesome first of all, I love everything about it!

But I think you may have forgotten to add the recipe for making 5 components, it's in your changelog for Expanded Power but I'm looking through your mod folders and it doesn't seem to be in

cuproPanda

Quote from: Exende on June 01, 2016, 10:10:34 AM
hey Panda, this mod is awesome first of all, I love everything about it!

But I think you may have forgotten to add the recipe for making 5 components, it's in your changelog for Expanded Power but I'm looking through your mod folders and it doesn't seem to be in

Yep, forgot to tell the recipe where it's used. You can overwrite the existing Recipes_EXP with this one and it'll work:

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]