[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Quote from: Aristocat on June 08, 2016, 02:22:21 AM
Can you make brainmod for beauty/ugly?
I went back and forth on this for a while, but ultimately I decided not to include those traits since they strictly relate to how other colonists perceive the person with the trait; no amount of self-perception changing would alter a busted face or a perfectly chiseled jawline.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Aristocat

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 08, 2016, 09:59:13 AM
I went back and forth on this for a while, but ultimately I decided not to include those traits since they strictly relate to how other colonists perceive the person with the trait; no amount of self-perception changing would alter a busted face or a perfectly chiseled jawline.

Then maybe plastic surgery? And if it's not too inconvenient, would it be possible to make which trait to add using brain mod be definable in xml?

By the way, I included your mod in my mod pack. Name brain mods has been changed to neurotrainers and all are craftable in the new workbench.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Aristocat on June 09, 2016, 01:29:15 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 08, 2016, 09:59:13 AM

Then maybe plastic surgery? And if it's not too inconvenient, would it be possible to make which trait to add using brain mod be definable in xml?

By the way, I included your mod in my mod pack. Name brain mods has been changed to neurotrainers and all are craftable in the new workbench.

It's much easier to just define the traits in code. I made it all explicit since I kept having problems with them working. I'll look into allowing XML edits for A14, since now there's a mod that adds new traits.

I went ahead and added beauty and ugly brain mods for you. They will be removed again in the version for A14, but I'll try to make the XML editable by then.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Seikikai

Found 2 Errors That Are Making My Game Pause Everytime Them Pop-Up

QuoteException in BreadthFirstTraverse: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at CorePanda.Building_Sink+<>c__DisplayClass5_0.<ImplyWashedAtSink>b__1 (Verse.Region r) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.RegionTraverser+BFSWorker.BreadthFirstTraverseWork (Verse.Region root, Verse.RegionEntryPredicate entryCondition, Verse.RegionProcessor regionProcessor, Int32 maxRegions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.RegionTraverser.BreadthFirstTraverse (Verse.Region root, Verse.RegionEntryPredicate entryCondition, Verse.RegionProcessor regionProcessor, Int32 maxRegions) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Sink Error: When A Game Is Loaded, It Keep The Game Paused. Can Be Fixed By Uninstalling The Sink In God Mode In Case Someone Else Have It.

QuoteException ticking CP_Sink575685: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at CorePanda.Building_Sink.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

cuproPanda

Quote from: Seikikai on June 16, 2016, 05:18:12 PM
Found 2 Errors That Are Making My Game Pause Everytime Them Pop-Up

QuoteErrorlog

Sink Error: When A Game Is Loaded, It Keep The Game Paused. Can Be Fixed By Uninstalling The Sink In God Mode In Case Someone Else Have It.

QuoteErrorlog

I had hoped the changes I made to the sink broke it after the last release, but it appears not. I suggest just not using them for now. They will be fixed in the A14 release. I'd release an update to fix the sink, but I have changed so much for the mod already that it would just end up breaking more things.

In the future, I'll be backing up my files after I release a new version, to avoid the issue of not being able to fix problems

hazey_sunshine

Hello! Don't know if I'm being really dim, but I'm struggling with the solar chimney - I've tried using it open and closed and neither seem to make any difference (even when the water/sun levels were full). Can anyone explain how it works please? I used up my last blocks to get it and I'm thinking I should've just built another smoker instead :/
Also, I've crushed chunks into gravel, which makes piles of gravel. Doesn't seem to be the kind that I can further crush into sand though? Is that right? I've got no sand on my map but would love to make proper bricks!

(Thanks for the awesome mods btw)

cuproPanda

Quote from: hazey_sunshine on June 20, 2016, 07:41:59 AM
Hello! Don't know if I'm being really dim, but I'm struggling with the solar chimney - I've tried using it open and closed and neither seem to make any difference (even when the water/sun levels were full). Can anyone explain how it works please? I used up my last blocks to get it and I'm thinking I should've just built another smoker instead :/

There are a few things to keep in mind with the cooling tower:

The lowest cooling it will provide is 24C (~75F). If the rooms temperature is below this, the tower won't use water or cool the air
It's not as strong as a cooler, so if the room is bigger than around 15x6, it will take a while
The weather affects the cooling strength, so if it is raining, foggy, etc., that weakens the strength
Closed vent means it does nothing - I was going to make the tower bring toxic fallout inside if the vent was open, but I changed my mind. Now the vent is just an off switch of sorts
If you see the water level going down, that means it's working
Also, the tower only occupies 1 tile. Somebody was confused by this before.

The gravel should work for crushing sand. Pile of gravel comes from a different mod,  the gravel from my mods should be called "gravel" with a description "A bag of gravel." (also the graphic will look like a grey bag)

hazey_sunshine

Ah, thank you! I realised just after I posted that of course I can dig up gravel, so I've got that working now.
For the tower I'd got it in my head it would be a good stop gap for the fridge, but obviously that's not the case. I'll stick one in the main rec room though for the summer!
Thanks for the quick reply. Really enjoying the powerless mod :)

cuproPanda

Quote from: hazey_sunshine on June 20, 2016, 12:56:13 PM
Ah, thank you! I realised just after I posted that of course I can dig up gravel, so I've got that working now.
For the tower I'd got it in my head it would be a good stop gap for the fridge, but obviously that's not the case. I'll stick one in the main rec room though for the summer!
Thanks for the quick reply. Really enjoying the powerless mod :)

Thanks, glad to hear it!

Anag

You definetly need to add some rubber for start, so one can make coolers right away. Heat waves can be impossible to survive now if they hit early... Just lost a promising colony for one because rubber plants were still growing.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Anag on June 22, 2016, 12:08:17 AM
You definetly need to add some rubber for start, so one can make coolers right away. Heat waves can be impossible to survive now if they hit early... Just lost a promising colony for one because rubber plants were still growing.

But the rubber plants only take 4 days to grow? You can remove the rubber requirement by deleting the ExpandedPower/Defs/VanillaOverrides/Buildings_Temperature.xml. In A14 there'll be starting rubber.

Warforyou

You need to fix blood filtration bonus for antibiotics. +400% is just too much, it really has to be balanced to +40% or less...