[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cuproPanda

Quote from: RalphFox on August 03, 2016, 11:21:45 PM
Good news! I've just updated Soda garden to v14!
As usual, please report any bugs; I haven't done a thoroughly testing.

To info on how to install, please check Cupro's Drinks, Addons section, Soda Garden.

PS: 'Soda Brewing' in this message has been renamed to Cupro's drinks.
Quote from: cuproPanda on May 08, 2015, 09:32:27 PM
In order to use this mod, you must first download and install Soda Brewing and Vegetable Garden
(Cupro, you might want to change that. :P)

Quote from: Drusek on August 01, 2016, 04:26:19 AM
1. Start new world and build quarry, save.
2. Open that save and your current save in text editor. (Backup your current save first)
3. Search for "quarry" in both of them and compare the differences. Obviously ID of the quarry and placement will be different but there might be something else missing. Add that from new world save.
I didn't saw your message before, thanks for that, i'll try that later;

Updated the post. Thank you for helping out :)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

123nick

hey, i think there might be a bug with unifier. im using core panda, and industrialization, with industrialialization loading first, and core panda second, but when i click on the bills button to add a bill to the unifier within the bill tab, i get a bug too the debug log: Created FloatMenu with no options. Closing. and there is no recipes available. also, industrialization floor tiles and cuprop panda copper floor tiles both have the same name, so it seems that industrialization is overwriting your floor tiles, which is a bit of a nuisance as the industrialization copper tiles dont have the cleanliness bonus.

cuproPanda

Quote from: 123nick on August 04, 2016, 04:43:19 AM
hey, i think there might be a bug with unifier. im using core panda, and industrialization, with industrialialization loading first, and core panda second, but when i click on the bills button to add a bill to the unifier within the bill tab, i get a bug too the debug log: Created FloatMenu with no options. Closing. and there is no recipes available. also, industrialization floor tiles and cuprop panda copper floor tiles both have the same name, so it seems that industrialization is overwriting your floor tiles, which is a bit of a nuisance as the industrialization copper tiles dont have the cleanliness bonus.

You have to download the recipes, too. I kept them separate so people wouldn't just download all the recipes when they only needed 1 or 2
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

123nick

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 04, 2016, 12:17:20 PM

You have to download the recipes, too. I kept them separate so people wouldn't just download all the recipes when they only needed 1 or 2

ok, thanks! also, can you rename your floor tiles too "sanitary copper tiles" or something? so that way it does not conflict with industrialization floor tiles, which dont have the cleanliness bonus.

cuproPanda

Quote from: 123nick on August 06, 2016, 03:31:43 AM

ok, thanks! also, can you rename your floor tiles too "sanitary copper tiles" or something? so that way it does not conflict with industrialization floor tiles, which dont have the cleanliness bonus.

I just thought the tiles from Industrialisation weren't craftable. Strange how the defNames were different but they still conflicted, I guess it's a quirk with the terrain system. I fixed it.

JesusKreist

Quote from: RalphFox on August 03, 2016, 11:21:45 PM
Good news! I've just updated Soda garden to v14!
As usual, please report any bugs; I haven't done a thoroughly testing.

I encountered a bug.
Or it is 'only' an extremely weird coincidence.
The sodas from that addon have no place to store.
From the point the harvest was in to the point where I noticed it my cook already had made 212 bottles of peach soda which are now clogging the hallway ...
Not even a fresh "Anything goes!" stockpile is willing to take them.

/edit found out why
In the Items_SOGA.xml the items are specified.
The soda bottles are missing a specification on what it is.
Since it is an addon to Cupros Drinks and should not work without it I butchered
      <thingCategories>
         <li>CPD_Sodas</li>
      </thingCategories>
into the file.

123nick

Quote from: cuproPanda on August 06, 2016, 01:46:09 PM

I just thought the tiles from Industrialisation weren't craftable. Strange how the defNames were different but they still conflicted, I guess it's a quirk with the terrain system. I fixed it.

MANY thanks! i love your mods btw, like how you can get fresh water from a well, and etc. maybe you can make a water purifier? its like the well, but cost steel, like 20-40 steel, and it can be placed near water ,and with some power, you can use it to gather water, but only if its near a water tile.

cuproPanda

Quote from: 123nick on August 06, 2016, 07:31:32 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on August 06, 2016, 01:46:09 PM

MANY thanks! i love your mods btw, like how you can get fresh water from a well, and etc. maybe you can make a water purifier? its like the well, but cost steel, like 20-40 steel, and it can be placed near water ,and with some power, you can use it to gather water, but only if its near a water tile.

I plan on remaking the water system for A15. First I need to figure out how to make the well finite. So far the best option I've found is to use unfinished water buckets, but that would just have colonists running back and forth all day slowly filling it up a drop at a time. The main issue is making a worktable disable crafting when there's less than 1200 units available, and enabling it after there's 1200, but keeping it available for the current job even once there's less than 1200 water. Or for gathering water bottles, 100 units.

A water purifier would fit in perfectly with that, as well as a rain barrel.

The Powerless solar cooling towers might be kept, and if so, they could be refueled using water buckets. If I get rid of them, it would be for a solar chimney and heat exchange pipe, similar to this image:

If anyone was curious, the current cooling tower is based off of this design:

Also, the heat exchange system could link to an existing well, which could work on a similar principle to this:

Learning about things like this is what makes modding and game design really fun.

Fisty

I'm sorry if this has been asked before..  (I ran a search through every page of the thread and didn't find it)  How does one make the coldstone batteries?  I'm not seeing anything obvious in the research window and can't find anything in the architect tabs.  I'm running a tribe right now.

Edit: Found it in the temperature tab with god mode on...  I guess I'll poke through your code and try to find the research requirement.

Sarelth

Quote from: Fisty on August 07, 2016, 01:39:34 AM
I'm sorry if this has been asked before..  (I ran search through every page of the tread and didn't find it)  How does one make the coldstone batteries?  I'm not seeing anything obvious in the research window and can't find anything in the architect tabs.  I'm running a tribe right now.

Coldstone seems to be a rarer spawn, I only found a small amount on a couple maps. Best bet from what I saw, is to mine.

Fisty

I have coldstone, just can't craft the battery to use it.  =)

Fisty

Found it..  coldstone battery research that requires microelectronics basics which requires electricity...  so completely not useful for a tribal without electricity.  Sorry Panda.. I love your mods but that's pretty um...  yeah.. no nice way to say it so  I won't.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Fisty on August 07, 2016, 02:08:32 AM
Found it..  coldstone battery research that requires microelectronics basics which requires electricity...  so completely not useful for a tribal without electricity.  Sorry Panda.. I love your mods but that's pretty um...  yeah.. no nice way to say it so  I won't.

The description for Powerless is "This mod adds small features for a starting colony, or one without power."
Emphasis on the "one without power" part. It's not meant for tribal colonies, it's meant for an existing colony that has power, to avoid food spoilage due to a solar flare.

DepOpt

So, using a pile of your mods via the steam workshop now, but hit a early game snag. Resource pits can't be built on mud anymore...

Seeing as this was the main way to get sand, I can't get any sandbags. is the only way now to do it via stonecutting tables? if so, then the research needed is going to slow down setting up basic defenses for those first few raids.

*edit* also just realised that getting mud and clay are now also much more difficult, making using bricks/mudbricks as an early game structure impossible.
Ignore this notice

RalphFox

Quote from: JesusKreist on August 06, 2016, 03:08:25 PM
I encountered a bug.
Or it is 'only' an extremely weird coincidence.
The sodas from that addon have no place to store.
From the point the harvest was in to the point where I noticed it my cook already had made 212 bottles of peach soda which are now clogging the hallway ...
Not even a fresh "Anything goes!" stockpile is willing to take them.

/edit found out why
In the Items_SOGA.xml the items are specified.
The soda bottles are missing a specification on what it is.
Since it is an addon to Cupros Drinks and should not work without it I butchered
      <thingCategories>
         <li>CPD_Sodas</li>
      </thingCategories>
into the file.

Thanks for that! I've updated the post with a new download;
Iirc you only need to add that tag in the main thingdef, 'SGsoda', due to Cupro's easy organization/structuring;
It should be the same version as you have now, only with the tag added, so you(JesusKreist) don't have to download it again; to everyone else, please check the post linked above.

Someone: You have no idea what you're doing, do you?
Me: Yeah! isn't that exciting?

Maintaining Officially to v14:
Edge Technologies
Cupro's SOGA