[A10-A15] cuproPanda's Mods (Old Thread)

Started by cuproPanda, April 23, 2015, 03:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rovhar Andin

Hello, I've tried your mods for a few days but it's seem that there is a bug with windows. I can't build it on walls, no red or green, just nothing and no message when i try to click to build. But I can build window on doors !

Thanks for your answer.

MissQuinn122

I have a few questions about the 15 versions. The windows and vents don't seem to be there anymore, along with vents, sink, chandelier and a few other things? I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, I put the A15 version in my mods folder after deleting the A14 one and started a new save. I'm very new at modding so I apologize if I've made an obvious mistake, or if they've been removed from the A15 version and I simply missed that post.

Thundercraft

Quote from: Rovhar Andin on November 26, 2016, 03:40:27 PMHello, I've tried your mods for a few days but it's seem that there is a bug with windows. I can't build it on walls, no red or green, just nothing and no message when i try to click to build. But I can build window on doors !

Building a window is very tricky: It requires that one side be considered "outside" while the other must be considered "inside."

Normally, that is impossible. It's easy enough to enclose a space with walls, a roof and a door. But, by leaving an open space for a window, the room is unfinished and not enclosed. Technically, there is no "inside".

The key to placing a window is to (a) make sure that, aside from the gap where you want the window, the space is enclosed and (b) to first build a simple wood door where you want the window. The door makes it fully enclosed so there is an inside and outside. Now build the window on top of this door! It sounds weird, but it works. Finally, deconstruct the door to leave nothing but the window.

If you want to build a lot of windows, just put wood doors where you want windows. Then place windows where desired before finally deconstructing all the doors. That should be faster than placing and removing doors and windows one at a time.

Quote from: MissQuinn122 on November 26, 2016, 04:43:03 PMThe windows and vents don't seem to be there anymore, along with vents, sink, chandelier and a few other things?

It works for me. The Window can be found under "Structure", Vent under "Temperature", Sink under "Misc", and the Chandeliers in "Lighting".

If you can't find them, then perhaps you haven't completed the right research?

If that's not it, then perhaps you installed the mods in cupro's updated A15 package in the wrong order? Core always comes first, then CorePanda. Also, you must have Vegetable Garden before Cupro's Drinks, both of which comes before Soda Garden (though, only if you want these).

Here's my order: CorePanda, Random Additions (RAD), Vegetable Garden, Cupro's Drinks, Soda Garden, Additional Joy Objects, Ancient Amulets, Cupro's Alloys, Dwarven Crafts, Expanded Power, Extra Floors, Powerless!, Quarry, Zen Garden

If it's not the install order or completing the research, then perhaps you have a mod conflict?

MissQuinn122

Quote from: Thundercraft on November 27, 2016, 01:38:16 AM
Quote from: Rovhar Andin on November 26, 2016, 03:40:27 PMHello, I've tried your mods for a few days but it's seem that there is a bug with windows. I can't build it on walls, no red or green, just nothing and no message when i try to click to build. But I can build window on doors !

Building a window is very tricky: It requires that one side be considered "outside" while the other must be considered "inside."

Normally, that is impossible. It's easy enough to enclose a space with walls, a roof and a door. But, by leaving an open space for a window, the room is unfinished and not enclosed. Technically, there is no "inside".

The key to placing a window is to (a) make sure that, aside from the gap where you want the window, the space is enclosed and (b) to first build a simple wood door where you want the window. The door makes it fully enclosed so there is an inside and outside. Now build the window on top of this door! It sounds weird, but it works. Finally, deconstruct the door to leave nothing but the window.

If you want to build a lot of windows, just put wood doors where you want windows. Then place windows where desired before finally deconstructing all the doors. That should be faster than placing and removing doors and windows one at a time.

Quote from: MissQuinn122 on November 26, 2016, 04:43:03 PMThe windows and vents don't seem to be there anymore, along with vents, sink, chandelier and a few other things?

It works for me. The Window can be found under "Structure", Vent under "Temperature", Sink under "Misc", and the Chandeliers in "Lighting".

If you can't find them, then perhaps you haven't completed the right research?

If that's not it, then perhaps you installed the mods in cupro's updated A15 package in the wrong order? Core always comes first, then CorePanda. Also, you must have Vegetable Garden before Cupro's Drinks, both of which comes before Soda Garden (though, only if you want these).

Here's my order: CorePanda, Random Additions (RAD), Vegetable Garden, Cupro's Drinks, Soda Garden, Additional Joy Objects, Ancient Amulets, Cupro's Alloys, Dwarven Crafts, Expanded Power, Extra Floors, Powerless!, Quarry, Zen Garden

If it's not the install order or completing the research, then perhaps you have a mod conflict?

I don't have Random Additions added, but otherwise yes, I've got everything in the proper order. I'll give that a shot and see if it helps, thank you!

Thundercraft

I'm not sure how much impact this has on functionality or if this is trivial, but I'm getting a red error:

Hash collision between AIRobot_RechargeStation_ConstructionBot and  CP_MineableCopper: both have short hash 8887

I know that "AIRobot_RechargeStation_ConstructionBot" belongs to the Craftable Robots mod. (See "AIRobot_Buildings_RechargeStation.xml") And I know that "CP_MineableCopper" belongs to cuproPanda's CorePanda mod. (See "ResourceRocks_CP.xml")

Here's my complete output_log.txt in a zip : http://dropcanvas.com/cy17e

cuproPanda

Quote from: Thundercraft on November 21, 2016, 12:54:17 PM
One issue I had with corePanda is how it changed the Fueled stove to require copper. This made it impossible to complete the RimWorld tutorial without cheating via Development mode to spawn some copper. To fix that, one would probably have to tweak the "Start with" for the tutorial.

That said, I found it necessary to cheat twice to complete the Tutorial, anyway. In addition to the issue with the Fueled stove, the sandbags for learning how to defend the colony also would not finish because we don't start with any sand::)

So, the next time someone updates corePanda, perhaps it's worth considering to add both copper and sand to the Tutorial scenario?

These changes were made before the tutorial was implemented, and were overlooked when updating to A15.

Quote from: Rovhar Andin on November 26, 2016, 03:40:27 PM
Hello, I've tried your mods for a few days but it's seem that there is a bug with windows. I can't build it on walls, no red or green, just nothing and no message when i try to click to build. But I can build window on doors !

Thanks for your answer.

Windows can be built on a constructed wall when one side is completely indoors (has a finished roof) and one side is outdoors. They shouldn't be able to be built on doors - I thought I put a check in to prevent that.

Quote from: MissQuinn122 on November 26, 2016, 04:43:03 PM
I have a few questions about the 15 versions. The windows and vents don't seem to be there anymore, along with vents, sink, chandelier and a few other things? I'm not sure if I've done something wrong, I put the A15 version in my mods folder after deleting the A14 one and started a new save. I'm very new at modding so I apologize if I've made an obvious mistake, or if they've been removed from the A15 version and I simply missed that post.

These were moved to the Random Additions (RAD) mod, since many people didn't want them in their game.

Quote from: Thundercraft on December 04, 2016, 01:22:17 PM
I'm not sure how much impact this has on functionality or if this is trivial, but I'm getting a red error:

Hash collision between AIRobot_RechargeStation_ConstructionBot and  CP_MineableCopper: both have short hash 8887

I know that "AIRobot_RechargeStation_ConstructionBot" belongs to the Craftable Robots mod. (See "AIRobot_Buildings_RechargeStation.xml") And I know that "CP_MineableCopper" belongs to cuproPanda's CorePanda mod. (See "ResourceRocks_CP.xml")

Here's my complete output_log.txt in a zip : http://dropcanvas.com/cy17e

I'm seeing hash collisions between a lot of objects in you log. Considering the RW hashing system allows for over 65 thousand entries per def type, and Construction Bots aren't the same type as a rock wall (mineable copper), the issue is either caused by a mod, or it's a bug in the base game. Hopefully the impact is minor, but seeing as the hashes are used to identify specific instances of objects, it could cause problems.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

alsoandanswer

with the additional joy objects mod, how do i make painting materials?

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Beere

Hey cupro dear,
are you going to work on A16 Versioins? I love your mods alot and already miss them very much. :)
Most important to me would be Additional Joy Objects :)
Anyways, thank you veery much for all the hard work <3

alsoandanswer

additional joy objects are A16 on the steam workshop edition, mate

"If I quote some smart guy, then therefore I should be smart myself!" -alsoandanswer

Love

cuproPanda

Quote from: alsoandanswer on December 26, 2016, 06:46:19 AM
with the additional joy objects mod, how do i make painting materials?

Cook rainbow petals (from spectago flower) at a stove.

Quote from: Beere on December 26, 2016, 07:08:35 AM
Hey cupro dear,
are you going to work on A16 Versioins? I love your mods alot and already miss them very much. :)

Unfortunately not. I'm currently hard at work making my own game and don't have the time to work on updates. There is an update for Additional Joy Objects for A16
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Beere

Quote from: Beere on December 26, 2016, 07:08:35 AM
Hey cupro dear,

Unfortunately not. I'm currently hard at work making my own game and don't have the time to work on updates. There is an update for Additional Joy Objects for A16
[/quote]

Ohha O.O Good luck with your game :) and thanks for the link. I totaly missed that.

Quote from: alsoandanswer on December 26, 2016, 09:07:28 AM
additional joy objects are A16 on the steam workshop edition, mate
I prefere game folder based mods... if it's from the workshop i have to depend on being online and logged in and steam working. Otherwise i will have to pick out the mods from the Workshop folder wich is annoying since they are only named with numbers ;)
Anyways, thanks.

Love

A lot of code and resources from Cupro Drinks is now available as part of Vegetable Garden's 'Soda Garden' addon now too.

MarineStardust

:( Additional Joy Objects is only one of the several mod i like from your list. what about zen garden or the one that add amulet

Deagroth

Quote from: Beere on December 26, 2016, 09:41:56 AM
I prefere game folder based mods... if it's from the workshop i have to depend on being online and logged in and steam working. Otherwise i will have to pick out the mods from the Workshop folder wich is annoying since they are only named with numbers ;)

The number of the folder can be found when looking at the steam url of the mod's workshop page, /filedetails/?id=(mod's numeric folder name).

Quote from: MarineStardust on December 26, 2016, 11:22:12 AM
:( Additional Joy Objects is only one of the several mod i like from your list. what about zen garden or the one that add amulet

From what I've experienced and seen in the error log for trying to load the Ancient Amulets, just go into the Equipment_Rings_AMU and Equipment_Medallions_AMU xmls and remove "Base" from <BaseHealingQuality></BaseHealingQuality>.  It'll just be <HealingQuality></HealingQuality> afterwards and that mod should work just fine.  I used Ancient Amulets as a base to make my own personal overpowered amulet and that's all I had to do to get it to work.  That's also the only error I'm seeing when it gets loaded.

As Zen Garden requires corePanda I'm not sure how to get either of those working.  My modding knowledge is pretty limited right now.
Ignorance is a crime, punishable by enlightenment.