Readjusting Stack Limits

Started by deadlydullahan, June 01, 2015, 09:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

deadlydullahan

Wanted to drop by and ask how I can edit the rimworld files to allow for bigger stack limits. It kinda sucks when I have 10x10 rows of steel ore in stacks of 75. I've managed to edit the files to allow them to be in stacks of 250 however I notice an issue in which pawns start a new stack before a stack of 250 is complete. I've been looking around and trying to find out how I can make it so the pawns finish a stack prior to starting a new one, however I can't seem to find where this is. Which led me here with the question of, could someone help me figure this out? Would appreciate it immensely. Thank you.

deadlydullahan

*Silently waits for someone to at least give me a clue as to where to look*  :'(

Adamiks

Eeeee.... It's a XML ghost! yep! A Ghost! Because you don't like vanilla game this ghost will break your changes!

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Adamiks on June 03, 2015, 07:28:34 PM
Eeeee.... It's a XML ghost! yep! A Ghost! Because you don't like vanilla game this ghost will break your changes!

What sucks is never having enough room because either the map is too small or the colony got too big (oops) Been trying to figure out a way to restack items into larger bundles to conserve space.

Adamiks

Quote from: deadlydullahan on June 03, 2015, 11:05:25 PM

What sucks is never having enough room because either the map is too small or the colony got too big (oops) Been trying to figure out a way to restack items into larger bundles to conserve space.

You can always use mods for this. RC (or RT?) Storage or part of Mechanical Defence with "deep storages" or something like that.

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Adamiks on June 04, 2015, 09:52:50 AM
Quote from: deadlydullahan on June 03, 2015, 11:05:25 PM

You can always use mods for this. RC (or RT?) Storage or part of Mechanical Defence with "deep storages" or something like that.

You're right however let's say we move onto Alpha 11, how long before those mods get updated? what if it's well over a month and they haven't. The reason I'm asking for help in doing this is the whole "do it yourself" kinda ordeal so if there's a situation in which I need to be able to do something like this, I'll know how.

mrofa

Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Items_
Open each of this xml and look for <stackLimit>.
Or best would be if you copy this files to you own mod, so they will replace vanilia ones.
All i do is clutter all around.

deadlydullahan

Quote from: mrofa on June 04, 2015, 12:47:21 PM
Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs/Items_
Open each of this xml and look for <stackLimit>.
Or best would be if you copy this files to you own mod, so they will replace vanilia ones.

I've already done this, what I'm asking is how to make it so colonists finish a stack of 250 before starting another stack of items within a stockpile so I dont end up with 6 stacks of 125 each rather than 3 full stacks of 250

mrofa

Thats simple you just need to rewrite entire job system ;p

Adamiks

Quote from: mrofa on June 05, 2015, 05:32:17 AM

Hmmm.... There is no way to make new item with stack limit like silver (500)?

mrofa

Quote from: Adamiks on June 05, 2015, 05:34:28 AM

There is use <stackLimit>.

Adamiks

Quote from: mrofa on June 05, 2015, 05:38:11 AM

Emm.... But OP is talking about not working stacklimit. And silver have big stacklimit but work better than steel with stack limit 500.

deadlydullahan

Quote from: Adamiks on June 05, 2015, 05:44:35 AM
Quote from: mrofa on June 05, 2015, 05:38:11 AM

Emm.... But OP is talking about not working stacklimit. And silver have big stacklimit but work better than steel with stack limit 500.

Silver and other items with stacklimits aside from 75 are coded into the game to be stacked that way properly however when you modify stacks of items like steel or food the Colonist AI don't prioritize finishing the new stack limit you set rather than leaving behind a full stack they might leave behind several incomplete stacks on occasion. <stacklimit> works. However the Job AI that handles completing each stack is a it of a hassle