Furnaces for energy

Started by Aelia, December 02, 2013, 11:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelia

If you manage to survive for long, the bodies really pile up. (I'm at day 95 and I've got nearly 300 graves.) And, morbid as it is, it could be neat if there was a way to recycle them somehow. (The "soylent green" idea is pretty appealing as one option, and there could be mood adjustments based upon whether allies are in there or not.)

But at the same time, burning corpses is less horrifying. (Along with all the other misc. garbage you end up with heaped in various places on your map.)

So, a waste-burning energy-source could be good? It'd certainly deal with the absurd number of corpses you end up with. (As opposed to just leaving them out and/or trying to burn them, which I haven't managed somehow.)

killerx243

Surround your grave yard with 2 wide metal tile or concrete and throw a Molotov in the middle of it. As long as it doesn't start raining you'll clear your graveyard fast without causing a map wide fire.

Stew2000

The old open-air cremation or Viking style would be a more spiritually happy way of doing it.  Just having a mass grave could/should lower happiness and increase fear.
It all depends on what type of scenario you want to play out.

Wopian

Definately want a "waste" recycle/burning energy source.

Bobstudios | James Harris Creative Design

Aelia

Quote from: killerx243 on December 03, 2013, 12:43:20 AM
Surround your grave yard with 2 wide metal tile or concrete and throw a Molotov in the middle of it. As long as it doesn't start raining you'll clear your graveyard fast without causing a map wide fire.

I could see that being a handy way of dealing with it for now.

Quote from: Stew2000 on December 04, 2013, 01:53:04 PM
The old open-air cremation or Viking style would be a more spiritually happy way of doing it.  Just having a mass grave could/should lower happiness and increase fear.
It all depends on what type of scenario you want to play out.

I really think that a "mass grave" should be an option for people going for darker storylines. And definitely the fear increase and unhappiness should be factors for going with that concept.