Bad will

Started by Kubouch, June 03, 2015, 08:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kubouch

I had some raiders attacking me. I moved my colonists to defensive positions and activated turrets. However, just in front of my defense line a group of visitors decided to take a nap. Approaching raiders start attacking the sleepers while my turrets and gunsmen fire at the intruders. What inevitably happens is that some of the stray bullets from my gunfire hits one of the visitors making the faction inevitably hostile for the rest of your life and results in a sudden redoubling of enemies you have to face.

Similar story happens every time I have visitors and raiders meeting near my base and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Basically, I can't effectively defend my colony without triggering the "Bad will" event. A "stop shooting" command for colonists and turrets would really help but more in-depth faction interaction is needed as well.

How do you handle it?

keylocke

if you have a power switch, you can turn multiple turrets on/off at the same time. so just keep it off while the raiders and the visitors fight against each other while you wait inside base.

once the visitors are about to lose, get your troops into position. once the visitors are dead. flick the switch and get on with the slaughter.

but anyways, you can still bribe factions or rescue/release members of that faction to get positive points if they get hostile.

DNK

What he said. Just pay them off to be friends again for now.

Kubouch

Well I don't want to turn my turrets off when half of the raiders is running straight into my base. Also I'm always short of silver :-D. Anyway, can you bribe them enough to eliminate hostility? I thought that you can raise their opinion towards you but can not remove hostility, though I might be wrong.

Dive

I used to be able to make a faction friendly by releasing their prisioners, thus you'll need to capture some of their people first.
I'm not sure about the current version though, it's been a while since I've done this

TLHeart

can't bribe while hostile, they will hang up on you. Catch and release their members to improve relations, below hostile, then if you want, you can bribe them to friendly status.

SSS

Quote from: Kubouch on June 03, 2015, 09:08:32 AM
Well I don't want to turn my turrets off when half of the raiders is running straight into my base. Also I'm always short of silver :-D. Anyway, can you bribe them enough to eliminate hostility? I thought that you can raise their opinion towards you but can not remove hostility, though I might be wrong.
You can't improve relations with pirates no matter what you do, be it releasing their prisoners or attempting to bribe them. Any non-pirate human faction can be won over if you're nice to their people, though.

Adamiks

Just use god mode to make faction friendly. Yea i know that this is cheating but c'mon they just cloudwatching in front of turrets. What can go wrong?
I imagine that they would say something like that after one of them being killed:
"WHATA FUCK YOU GUYS DOING?! WE ARE RELAXING HERE! IT'S ALL YOU FAULT! WHY YOU PLACED TURRETS HERE?!"