FALLOUT 4 HYPE!

Started by vagineer1, June 03, 2015, 10:54:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Fallout Shelter is ok, better have a beefy phone (read, iPhone 27637812 or later) or it will laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaag and crash, sometimes crashing your whole phone.  Ahhh Bethesda, can't you make one thing which isn't bugged to sh*t?  You also need to learn about "optimization."  Just because you can technically do something, doesn't mean it's practicable.

I'm still waiting for my first two dwellers I impregnated to calf.  Everything I've read says 3-4 hours, well, it's been more than 12 and they are still just resource drains.  Of course, until you do birth a dweller it's stopped rending randoms to join.  Would be nice to get more than 12 colonists considering a pop cap of 200 and the last room available isn't unlocked until you reach 100 pop.

And spamming raider attacks on top of each other is getting annoying.  It would be less annoying, however, if when you built a room which raiders must pass through and put armed and armoured dwellers in it, they would actually shoot the raiders.  Instead the raider blithely run past them instead of actually being stopped to deal with those defenders.  "I see your defenders, I choose to ignore them and continue on, even though there is no possible way to get past them to do so."

Anyway, back on topic of Fallout 4...this sums it up.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Powered By

keylocke

fallout 4 looks awesome. totally worth throwing away one's social life. one of those games you bring inside a cave for hibernation, only to emerge months later. lel..

-------------------------------

as for fallout shelter. i've been playing it for a while now. my gripes about it is that dwellers don't individually go eat, drink, and sleep. they just have these water, energy, food meter that the player needs to keep filled via production rooms. i know this was meant to simplify the game at the cost of realism. ie : it's just goofy watching people manning their stations without going to sleep in the barracks or go to the diner to eat/drink, or maybe visit an R&R room to chillax. so it makes the base look "static" instead of "alive" and buzzing with activity.

you also have to assign "breeders" into the barracks when you want babies, instead of flirting and pregnancy occurring normally and dynamically. also, the breeders can recognize their own daughters or granddaughters and won't shag them so you're gonna need to keep track of which ladies are "shaggable" if you're building a harem. lel.

and as mentioned by others, the raiders seem to only stay within a room for an X amount of time before moving on the the next room, leaving the guards i assigned in the vault entrance behind. good thing though is that room assignments during an "incident" is only temporary, and that dwellers will revert back to their original assigned rooms after the incident, allowing me to evacuate a room of "weak" dwellers so i can send my hardened soldiers in. so it's not really a big deal.

the big gripe in combat is that THERE'S NO PAUSE BUTTON. so it's annoying to work with the touch controls of the phone and then it's hard to administer stimpacks when your dwellers stack on top of each other while you needed to heal someone at the bottom of the stack. it's annoying.

there's also no fast forward button which should've been fun since it's just a single-player game, NOT multiplayer, so the waiting part is annoying.

i also noticed that large production rooms increases the danger of radroaches, so you should always keep your production dwellers heavily armed.

the SPECIAL is kinda weird too, like strength = power plant (whaat?), perception = water facility (eh?), agility = dining room (lol), intelligence = med bay (makes sense), charisma = radio room (makes sense), endurance + luck = exploration and gaining more caps (makes sense). there's no hauling or construction tasks, no cleaning tasks, no doctoring tasks, etc.. so the application of the SPECIAL skills are very gimped.

lastly, i tend to rush towards 50 pop to unlock the luck training room. because getting an explorer with max luck is totally awesome.

afterwards the game reaches a plateau. and then you get bored with it.

RickyMartini

Downloaded Fallout Shelter and deleted it right again. Too much lag for my phone. :(

paragonid

If someone is interested in Fallout 2 style of games, there are some related projects, based on Fonline engine.
there's a status for some of the known projects at this site http://fodev.net/status/

Projects are pretty different and may be present in a different state when you check, I'll tell about one I'm closely related to - Ashes Of Phoenix.
In active development, still relatively completed already - the most pvp oriented of all projects you can currently find. Less farm, less suffering, more direct pvp, strategy and combat diversity. Probably most newbie friendly, still one of the most complicated.

Current gaming session is very late, lost a lot of players in the beginning due to a lot of issues, most of them are fixed now, but server population is lower than the server is supposed to have. Waiting for couple of serious updates for the new season to start, probably around this autumn.

So if you're interested, stay in touch, I believe we'll be shine soon (:
Forum is there: http://fonline-aop.net/site/index.php , some vids about the game you can find for example in this topic: http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=2705.0

nmid

finally watched the trailor..
Wow!
Though to temper myself down, it's like a modern and new version of Skyrim.
I played 1000 hours of that AND I DONT THINK I HAVE EVEN FINISHED 25% OF THE GAME!

I am going to play bioshock 1,2,3 for now and I will then play fallout starting from fallout 1 to whatever version they have then!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Regret

Quote from: nmid on June 26, 2015, 08:11:48 PM
finally watched the trailor..
Wow!
Though to temper myself down, it's like a modern and new version of Skyrim.
I played 1000 hours of that AND I DONT THINK I HAVE EVEN FINISHED 25% OF THE GAME!

I am going to play bioshock 1,2,3 for now and I will then play fallout starting from fallout 1 to whatever version they have then!
You're going to like Fallout tactics best!

nmid

I think so too.. it looks like Jagged Alliance 2 and that was one of my fav games!
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

A Friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5aJfebzkrM
QuoteWatch the official gameplay launch trailer for Fallout 4, available worldwide on Tuesday, November 10th. Welcome Home.

HYPE TRAIN NEARING IT'S DESTINATION.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Coenmcj

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, NO STOPS TILL 10/11
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

vagineer1

You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.