Question before purchase RW

Started by Johny-Bobby, June 06, 2015, 09:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johny-Bobby

Hello

I'm thinking about purchasing this game, but I have a question. If i buy it through the creator's website (rimworldgame), can i play the game on several device with one purchase  ? One is Mac and the other is Windows, and I want to see which one will run the game better.

Thank you

Johny-Bobby

One user : you mean when I download it i have to register with a username and password, and then login every time i play ?

DNK

You get a download link. You can download a .zip file or some such. You can install it where you please, as many times as you please.

I believe the license is only for a single person's use, though. So you aren't supposed to hand it out to friends. I believe there's also a limited number of downloads, though that shouldn't matter unless you keep deleting your file.

It's very much "honor system" right now.

milon

For clarification, if you buy RimWorld, you own a single license to it for yourself.  Please don't give it away to someone else, that's pirating which is illegal.  You can absolutely invite a friend over and show off the game (which is how I found out about it and bought it).  There is currently no login/password or other DRM built into the game that I am aware of.

With every release, everyone who has purchased the game gets 5 Windows downloads, 5 Mac downloads, 5 Linux downloads, and 5 downloads of the Prototype Pack (older stuff that mostly didn't go anywhere).  Windows, Mac, and Linux are currently the only platforms supported, but I've read a couple posts about Chromebook and iPad playing them (I think this was accomplished via Remote Connection to a host PC).

Tynan

You actually get 7 downloads of each version.

But you can't run out. That limit is just there to stop abuse. If you somehow run out, just mail [email protected] and you'll get more.

You get as many DRM-free downloads as you want to install on all the devices you own. However, sharing your purchased copy onto others' devices would be piracy.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog