Installing the mods

Started by andriusha, December 03, 2013, 01:19:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andriusha

Hello, im kinda noob at this stuff. I want to ask You, how do i install the mods? I downloaded a few DLL files from the mods thread, but i dont know where do i need to put them or activate it and so on.

Galileus

QuoteHow to Install:
Navigate to your RimWorld game directory.
Open the 'RimWorld###Win_Data' folder.
Open the 'Managed' folder.
Rename 'Assembly-CSharp.dll' to 'Assembly-CSharp.orig.dll' (Backup, just in-case).
Paste the downloaded file into the 'Managed' folder.
Rename your downloaded file to 'Assembly-CSharp.dll'.
Play the game!

Basically you replace the original Assembly-CSharp.dll with the one you've downloaded. There is no in-build mod support yet (it is coming), so so far this is the only way to do it.

andriusha

Oh, but that means i can only run one mod at a time? Or is it possible to use more than one?

Motorkingpus

Hmmm, maybe making a copy of the game folder might work?

Galileus

You can only run one at once. Some mods may be replaced mid-game - for example you can start with some world building one (starting stats, terrain type, amount of geysers) and then save and replace the mod for one of the others. This won't work for most for most of the mods, tho...

andriusha

Thank you, i hope we can use more than one mod soon!

Cdr.Keen

Quote from: andriusha on December 03, 2013, 02:07:03 PM
Thank you, i hope we can use more than one mod soon!

you're still able to use more than one mod at time, but you have to mod the game by yourself. all the mods in the other thread are "user-required" and custome made for the users.
be water my friend!