Temperature setting for Clothes!

Started by Leird, June 04, 2015, 05:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leird

I was just thinking it would be very nice if you had a setting on clothes so that you could set it for your colonists to change if the temperature changes.

So lets say you have a heatwave going on, your colonists would strip down to pants only.

Or that you're playing in the Tundra setting and the temp passes -10 degrees celcius they'll change to parka's!

Just a quick thought, let me know what you think!

jega

Agreed!

"cold -5" so you're saying you can build an orbital trade beacon but you can't put a jacket on yourself!?

Regret

I thought that was already implemented? check the change log if you want to be sure.

TLHeart

they do change cloths based upon need, and temperature is one of the needs.  But there must be something to change into also.

Stealth

Ya i think they already change clothes. When i had a cold snap they were all wearing parkas without me having to tell them.

Euzio

Quote from: Stealth on June 04, 2015, 09:54:46 PM
Ya i think they already change clothes. When i had a cold snap they were all wearing parkas without me having to tell them.

Think the problem comes when its time to change back. They'll auto-don the parkas during the cold snap. But when the temperature stabilizes, they sometimes still persist in wearing the parkas... :/

Voisti

I do kind of wish you could set priorities on what type of clothing they wear. Like dusters before jackets, or button-downs before t-shirts. But I suspect they already choose considering what gives the best insulation. Can anyone verify?
"Puns give double the meaning to life."

Euzio

Quote from: Voisti on June 04, 2015, 11:34:35 PM
I do kind of wish you could set priorities on what type of clothing they wear. Like dusters before jackets, or button-downs before t-shirts. But I suspect they already choose considering what gives the best insulation. Can anyone verify?

Can't give a comprehensive verification, but from what I notice, they do tend to auto-switch out to a better gear if its available. I'm constantly selling clothes with some durability loss when the trader rolls by and I do know that I'm constantly crafting new clothes when it happens because I have a stock of it each time. Clothes crafted will turn out to at full durability after all and since my storehouse is indoors, the clothes won't take durability damage from the environment.

Adamiks

Quote from: Voisti on June 04, 2015, 11:34:35 PM

+1

And i think that formula for this looks like this:
HPxQuality (HP is a priority)