Embark

Started by iemfi, June 06, 2015, 10:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iemfi

I hope I'm not breaking any rules here by making this post. I'm developing Embark, a game in the same genre and inspired by games like Rimworld. The focus is more towards the social aspect and having a large game world.

I've put it up on steam greenlight (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=456160792) and would love to hear what you guys think. What aspects of this genre do you think I should focus on?

Steam page.

Illusion Distort

Awsome mix of concepts, i like it. Look forward to see "The Finished Game". The game needs some "items" "mechanics" call it what you want, just something to make every base, fight and walk more different in their feel. Other than that i just want to tell you how good the game looks. Ceep upp teh gud wurk senpi :D

keylocke

woah, this looks promising.

is there a demo?

Lonely Rogue

This looks awesome. What would it be price wise?
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Lonely Rogue

Oh, and I just KNOW you need a private tester! ;-)
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

Axelios

This does look pretty good. I'd be happy to see more titles in this genre :)
I'm an Electrical and Electronic Engineering student in university in New Zealand.

I like games, but unfortunately they don't help me get a degree.. so I'm going to be inactive for awhile.
- 22 July 2015

Lonely Rogue

I'm telling you, I'd make an awesome private tester.
Any mod requests?

Chaotic Skies

This looks like 3-d Rimworld(without all the futuristic stuff or ridiculous player-made houses, of course  :P)... AS IN AMAZING!!! I would pay for this, no matter what the price was. Unless it's over like twenty USD, because I've never even had more than that on my steam account, but I don't have spare money for games between gas and a new computer ;)
Farewell and Thanks for the Fish.

Daman453

Looks like 3d dwarf fortress, i hope it isn't as clunky.
Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

TheDirge

Can i beta this? looks awesome

Seeker89

Quote from: TheDirge on August 16, 2015, 04:01:25 AM
Can i beta this? looks awesome

I secondly would much like to beta this.

Segrog

I'M GUESSING 20-30$?

akiceabear

+1 for the idea. If done well it could be amazing.
-1 for the vaporware feeling of posting on the forum and never coming back...

iemfi

Oh gee, sorry about that, thought the post here was properly buried and stopped checking up on it.

It's been a long time but progress has been good! Just made a devlog video on the water system in Embark https://youtu.be/5kDuOKN7ah4

Hoping to get more people to test it soon.

wafflep90

Looks like a very intriguing game to be honest, please advise when it be out as I am going to be all over this