[A14] Craftable Medicines (Updated 8/8/2016)

Started by Anonemous2, June 06, 2015, 10:35:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonemous2

Just released a major update, V2, and it changes a lot. New texture for the work bench (the other bench was removed and you can't make glitterword medicine anymore). The crafting recipe for medicine has also been changed, to require hops and wood now, but less herbal medicine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/d1fninxs8yuujs8/Craftable%20Medicines%20V2.zip?dl=0

Anonemous2

Entropy147

there seems to be an error that stops me from researching the crafting table (I.E, it doesn't show up in the research que and creates an error in dev mode upon start up

Anonemous2

Quote from: Sentry on April 09, 2016, 10:21:34 PM
there seems to be an error that stops me from researching the crafting table (I.E, it doesn't show up in the research que and creates an error in dev mode upon start up

It works, you need the hi tech research bench first, and the errors in dev mode don't do anything.

Entropy147

I installed this mod on a late game colony that had researched everything except the ship parts, and the research part doesn't show up on a high tech bench - I'll look into it, it may be an issue on my side.

EDIT: Oh I feel like such an idiot, my mod order was a bit messed up

NephilimNexus

XML error: <researchPrerequisite>CMedicines</researchPrerequsite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef

Anonemous2

Quote from: NephilimNexus on April 11, 2016, 01:57:43 PM
XML error: <researchPrerequisite>CMedicines</researchPrerequsite> doesn't correspond to any field in type ThingDef

Yeah that's a bug, but it doesn't seem to do anything, as you still can research the bench and then build it.

chaotix14

Yeah, so if there's a research requirement to a recipe (tried to do that myself)or doesn't have a research named that way, that'll be your problem. Since it can't place it and it isn't something it's actually missing it'll just omit that piece of code and go on on it's merry way. Not a gamebreaking bug, but annoying.

Dave-In-Texas

upon perusing Buildings_ProductionMoreStuffMedicines.xml   you can see  the problem is actually a duplication where the first attempt is not a defined keyword. 

Quote<researchPrerequisite>CMedicines</researchPrerequisite>
    <researchPrerequisites>
      <li>CMedicines</li>
    </researchPrerequisites>

Anonemous2

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on April 11, 2016, 03:16:51 PM
upon perusing Buildings_ProductionMoreStuffMedicines.xml   you can see  the problem is actually a duplication where the first attempt is not a defined keyword. 

Quote<researchPrerequisite>CMedicines</researchPrerequisite>
    <researchPrerequisites>
      <li>CMedicines</li>
    </researchPrerequisites>

Thanks, now that bug is sorted out.

Nynzal

Love this, especially because its a simple, realistic, much needed add-on to the game.

I do think though, that the normal medicine is too cheap, maybe use 3-4 herbal meds to make one medicine.
You can get away with using herbal meds, but if you want the luxury of real meds, you should not get it for free.
I can understand the choice of 2 herbal meds, though, so just take it into consideration ;)
Winter is coming

Rimfire

I've updated this mod for A14. I also nerfed some values- medicine crafting now only requires cloth and herbal medicine, and the crafter only needs to be skilled at medicine. I think I lowered the crafting and research times a little, too... Sorry for the bad documentation, I updated my homebrew version of your mod, so I don't remember all the changes. Credit remains to the OP in the mod. I plan to upload to Steam workshop, too, but if Anonemous2 objects, I will remove it. Thanks for the good mod!

E: Updated for A14c.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=727884068

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

RetPaladinlol

Awesome, thanks for updating it to A14 Rimfire. Much appreciated!