Decent seeds

Started by Zeta Omega, June 06, 2015, 03:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta Omega

Hello, I am trying to find a decent seed where I can build a base into a mountain but at the same time a majority of the map is open field so there is a better chance air drops wont land on me during raids, suggestions/pics please

RickyMartini

There are dozens of threads in this forum called "seeds" with hundreds of pages of people posting seeds and pics. You can search the forum and pick your favorite one yourself with the search function. (there are too many to just give you one link)

Boboid

To be clear - If you're referring to drop pod raiders then the map itself is irrelevant.

Drop pod attacks always land closest to your oldest trade beacon.
Last time I checked if your only trade beacon is indoors and you place a second beacon outdoors, the drop pods will instead around that.

You can more or less decide exactly where drop pod raids land.
A prison yard is certainly a slightly more elegant solution to Cabin Fever than mine...

I just chop their legs off... legless prisoners don't suffer cabin fever

milon

To avoid problematic air raids: Put your first Orbital Trade beacon outside away from your base or at your killbox entrance.  Drop raiders will always land near the oldest outdoor beacon.  ;)

I haven't tested this one since A9.  It should still work as expected, but maybe not.  Anyway, you land in a "valley" right near a "ring mountain" (inside is hollow, stone mountain all around, mine south of where you start to find it).  It's in an IceSheet biome, so drop in the mod if you need it.  (Won't need it with A11+, woo hoo!!)  It's VERY defensible, but also really hard to get wood.  Typically has convenient geysers too.  Details:

World size: 200 x 150
World seed: secret of mana
World coords: 33.60'E, 69.87'N

Enjoy!

RickyMartini

Isn't that location ice sheet? I just tried it.

milon

Yep.  Like I said above.  Grab the IceSheet mod if you need it.  (Tynan is enabling IceSheet without mods for Alpha 11 too.)

RickyMartini

Ah right, that mod is really a pain in the muffalo. I'll try your location, thx!

StorymasterQ

Quote from: milon on June 08, 2015, 01:12:33 PM
but also really hard to get wood.

Heh, heh, you said 'get wood'.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

zodium

The single greatest desert map: seed 8awm, site 6.93°E 18.13°N (look for a little peninsula/island thing in the southwest).

Desert with lots of soil, animals and rain. Large, defensible mountain for building either inside or outside. There are a few small-to-medium open air caverns in the western and southwestern parts, and a large cavern with soil in the eastern part. Primarily granite with some marble in the east, which is perfect for construction/art respectively.

(Credit: someone, in some old thread)

Timber

Could someone upload some save files from the latest version for me? I need both world and actual save files for a little RW related project of mine. Throw in some pictures as well of you can be arsed :)
I ask not for a lighter burden but for broader shoulders. -Atlas