[0.10.785] Bug with injured prisoners not able to be released

Started by spore1013, June 07, 2015, 02:36:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spore1013

I have been trying to release a prisoner with brain damage, which makes him move at 30% speed. I also am using a large map size, so, since the closest edge of the map is on the other side of the map, he can't walk there in time before starving. I have tried releasing him almost 10 times now but he cant make it. My warden has to go out and rescue him after he goes into shock from malnutrition. You should be able to set where you release prisoners, so you can do it closer to the edge, this would make it so my able bodied warden can get him to the edge of the map so he doesn't have to walk very far. I eventually gave up and had to execute him. It would be greatly appreciated if you could fix this.

Thanks.

RickyMartini

It needs a reshaping maybe. But it is not a bug. By the way, how big is your map? I can't see how someone would need more than 24 hours or some hours more to get away from a map.

I also have this problem but it is more when it comes to freezing, not starving.

spore1013

i believe that i chose the 325x325. the reason i put it in the bug section is because i didn't know where else to put it. hope this helps. Also forgot to mention that he had the slow walker trait so that might have had something to do with it.

RickyMartini

You posted it in the right place, sometimes it's just hard to decide if it is a legit bug or more of a general issue. :)

Adamiks

+1

Also i think that there is another bug with releasing. If prisoner is injured you can't manually release him, you can only put him in the bed. Also when prisoners are sleeping you can't release them.

Maybe this isn't really a bug but how game works, but it works bad, because i need to destroy sleeping spots to release anyone before they will die from infection(s).

Tynan

This isn't a bug. If you carried him to the map edge, he'd just starve to death off-map.

He's not capable of traveling across the landscape, so there is no concept of "releasing" him. He can't leave on his own. You have to keep him, execute him, or get his friends to take him home.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog