Make money without an artist?

Started by Stealth, June 07, 2015, 05:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ousire

I haven't tried out Alpha 11 yet, so I don't know if the prices have been changed since I last played, but I remember making a decent enough profit bumming craftables to traders. I just turned any skins I had from hunting animals into clothes for my colonists and had a big stock of cotton clothes laying around as I upgraded them into devilstrand gear. Devilstrand is slow growing, but cotton clothes is easy enough to make and you end up with a huge surplus of the stuff after a while.

I also had my crafters pretty much constantly pumping out stone statues and iron swords when they weren't busy with other stuff, both of which start turning a decent profit after they craft a few.

ciditi

1. Brew beer
2. Stockpile in place with trade beacons
3. Wait for pirate merchant who will pay more per unit than other traders
4. ???
5. Profit

RickyMartini

1. Brew much beer.

2. Be a slave to alcohol.

3. Sell yourself to slave merchant.

4.  :'(

5. Profit, I guess.

Lady Wolf

Depending on how evil your group is, you can always wait for groups of visitors with decent gear to wander into your courtyard section and then wall them in/lock the door and wait for them to starve to death/go mad and kill each other off. After the evenings entertainment is finished you can then sell their stuff to traders.

For added profit turn their bodies into human chutney and sell that too. (before or after cooking it into meals.)

Assuming your colony isn't full of psychopaths however, beer production is probably your best alternative to leveling up someones sculpting.