More realistic fighting.

Started by MeowRailroad, June 09, 2015, 07:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MeowRailroad

I think it's kind of strange how raiders can take 6 auto-turret bullets and still be alive. Same thing with a survival rifle. If I took an old bolt-action rifle, loaded it, and shot it at someone, they would probably be dead in one shot. In Rimworld, if a colonist has a survival rifle, and they shoot it at a raider's torso, and it hits them, they can still be alive, but usually incapacitated. Also, if you get stabbed with a knife, you would probably almost instantly die, but if a colonist stabs a raider with a plasteel knife, the raider might not die immediately, or in a short while. Also, it's kind of annoying how on Cassandra Challenge, there are 2-3 raids of basic weapons, and the next raiders have PDWs, Sniper rifles, and M16's, when I don't have any of these because combat suppliers/most trade ships rarely come.
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"

akiceabear

Why not try the Combat Realism mod? At least for ranged weapons it will address your concerns.

NoImageAvailable

I think you overestimate the lethality of weapons. A .303 doesn't just automatically kill you through some kind of black voodoo, it depends on where it actually hits. It could hit a vital organ or sever an artery, incapacitating and causing severe bleedings, or it could go through random tissue and not do much damage at all. This goes even more for something like a knife, unless it goes straight into the heart or something you're never going to kill anyone with just one stab.

I will say though, pawns in Rimworld have absurd tolerance for pain. It would be nice to have some kind of "red haze" effect where injuries and pain decrease consciousness or something.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."