[A11] Protein Extraction! Yummy!!!

Started by Loki88, June 24, 2015, 02:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loki88

This mod was inspired by JulliaEllie's Soylent Green portion of Apothecarius

Tired of all those corpses of raiders and unfortunate colonists littering up your beautiful colony? Just sitting there doing nothing taking up space, only to be either buried ( still taking up space! ) or burned away? Well put those lazy bums to work ( sort of ) by turning them into the food to fuel your still living colonists to work another day! This mod adds the Protein Extractor which allows you to create "delicious" Protein Paste and Flakes from muscle dense organic feed stock. (PEOPLE!  :o )

Protein Paste has an extremely short 1 day shelf life but is higher yielding and faster to make.
Protein Flakes has a longer 20 day shelf life but a lower yield per unit of "feed stock" and takes a bit longer to make.

They are both meat "analogues"

Requires "Protein Extraction" research. RP cost - 400

For now I've recycled and recoloured vanilla textures for the food so they don't look so derpy. I'm waiting to hear back from someone if I may recolour and recycle a texture they've made for the extractor as it's about 1000 times more beautiful than what my abilities allow me to create.

Planned additions:
"Ate suspicious food" thought for meals made from either of these but haven't worked out how to do so just yet.

This will break save games that have the first iteration of protein extraction installed as I have renamed a few things for continuity throughout the mod.

Cheers!

PS: Screen shots will be added once I've got all textures complete.

[attachment deleted due to age]