Alpha 11 is out!

Started by Adamiks, June 10, 2015, 04:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patrykbono20

wear clothes has been reduced?

nutcrack0

where i can get the update?

b0rsuk

More and more hostile events which only affect outdoors. Rimworld is getting closer to the DwarfWorld ideal.

TLHeart

first few raids are no different than alpha 10.... then the changes, and the learning have taken place, and the raids get more interesting, at least on cassandra.... who knows with randy.

RickyMartini

MeowRailroad

Quote from: Lady Wolf on June 11, 2015, 07:06:42 AM
Quote from: stefanstr on June 11, 2015, 03:23:32 AM
How have the raids been affected by the new Alpha? Can anyone share? I might not have time to have a good play session before the weekend and I am really curious.

The raiders are bright enough now to sometimes learn from their mistakes and won't always wander into the same kill boxes over and over, instead they're savvy enough to tunnel through walls and focus on weak parts of your base defense, meaning they are now capable of exploiting any weaknesses of your base, which should be lots of fun.

(although I admit I am slightly disappointed I can't use my A 10 saves with A 11 since I would love to see how the smarter raiders take on some of my current bases.)

To remedy this, make the areas around your killbox equally strong, and make the area near it less strong so they go for that, and "waltz into the killbox".
Quote from: Tynan on December 02, 2016, 05:24:06 PM
This is like being in a remote fishing town in Libera and asking, "Why can't I just pay one of the fishermen $10 to take me back to Los Angeles?"