Wild Card

yeeeeeeey x2
Alpha 11 Out Is

Jimyoda

Ehrrm! Talk like Yoda, only I should.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

RickyMartini

Lady Wolf

is there a page with the changes for alpha 11 compared to alpha 10?

I'm hesitant to upgrade just yet given the number of mods I'm using unless 11 offers something especially enticing alpha 10 doesn't

milon

Check out ludeon.com (main page) for details, but IIRC nuclear winter, toxic fallout, sappers, safe zones...

Lady Wolf

Thanks, looks like a fun buch of changes, will be looking forward to it once some of my favorite mods get updated to work with A11 (fusebox, Enhanced defenses, bulk meals, etc.)

jega

How long can it take for everyone to get an email?

Coenmcj

24 to 48 hours I think. Sometimes it just takes a while.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Riftmaster

Wow.

Lots of little things that were vaguely bugging me are no longer issues...

Ability designate a strip target (like hunting?) so I no longer having to manually tell colonists to strip corpses.
Ability to copy/paste storage area settings (so much less clicky)
Ability to perform surgery on guests (damn guest with a missing leg is STILL in bed on one of my saves).
Ability to remove floors (so now I can reveal dirt and plant in an area if I don't want floor there anymore).

Riftmaster

And of course, it appears the raiders got smarter and more versatile.

nmid

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

stefanstr

Quote from: Riftmaster on June 10, 2015, 08:58:25 PM
Wow.

Lots of little things that were vaguely bugging me are no longer issues...

Ability designate a strip target (like hunting?) so I no longer having to manually tell colonists to strip corpses.
Ability to copy/paste storage area settings (so much less clicky)
Ability to perform surgery on guests (damn guest with a missing leg is STILL in bed on one of my saves).
Ability to remove floors (so now I can reveal dirt and plant in an area if I don't want floor there anymore).
I was only able to play a few minutes, but I was so happy to see all of these.

How have the raids been affected by the new Alpha? Can anyone share? I might not have time to have a good play session before the weekend and I am really curious.

Lady Wolf

Quote from: stefanstr on June 11, 2015, 03:23:32 AM
How have the raids been affected by the new Alpha? Can anyone share? I might not have time to have a good play session before the weekend and I am really curious.

The raiders are bright enough now to sometimes learn from their mistakes and won't always wander into the same kill boxes over and over, instead they're savvy enough to tunnel through walls and focus on weak parts of your base defense, meaning they are now capable of exploiting any weaknesses of your base, which should be lots of fun.

(although I admit I am slightly disappointed I can't use my A 10 saves with A 11 since I would love to see how the smarter raiders take on some of my current bases.)