How do I make a new race?

Started by Helixien, June 11, 2015, 10:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helixien

Okay, my question is rather simple. I want to make a cyborg race for which I have created a new body texture, based on the human one. Now I cant figure out, HOW do I add them to a new race? I am going through all the xmls now and maybe I am just an idiot and overlook it all the time, but I just cant find anything.

Can someone help me´?

Also, here are the textures I made:

Adamiks

1. You will need ThingDef about race (in core - Races_XXXX)
2. You will need PawnKindDef (that will use your race)
   * If you're want to make pawn with new body you'll need BodiesDef.
   * If you're going to create new Bodies with new body parts you will need BodyPartsDef.
   * If you want to make new faction for the pawn(s) you will need FactionDef
   * If you want to make new think tree (AI) you will need ThinkTreeDef
   * If you want to make animal (or pawn that will can spawn on the map) you will need BiomeDef.

For other info just ask or look at the core/other mods files.

And btw what program you used to create these textures? Because this background looks interesting.

Helixien

Quote from: Adamiks on June 11, 2015, 10:57:11 AM
1. You will need ThingDef about race (in core - Races_XXXX)
2. You will need PawnKindDef (that will use your race)
   * If you're want to make pawn with new body you'll need BodiesDef.
   * If you're going to create new Bodies with new body parts you will need BodyPartsDef.
   * If you want to make new faction for the pawn(s) you will need FactionDef
   * If you want to make new think tree (AI) you will need ThinkTreeDef
   * If you want to make animal (or pawn that will can spawn on the map) you will need BiomeDef.

For other info just ask or look at the core/other mods files.

And btw what program you used to create these textures? Because this background looks interesting.

I am a simple person, I use Gimp 2^^ I just google "blueprint empty and then used it as a background ;)

ALSO, I have found these defs, but nowhere I find a texture path to set so it will use my textures instead of the vanilla ones... :/ Any idea where or how to do that?

Adamiks

Quote from: iWilliBlecha on June 11, 2015, 11:10:42 AM
I am a simple person, I use Gimp 2^^ I just google "blueprint empty and then used it as a background ;)

ALSO, I have found these defs, but nowhere I find a texture path to set so it will use my textures instead of the vanilla ones... :/ Any idea where or how to do that?

I'm using GIMP too.

And about your question... I can be wrong, because in Core files there is no head graphics (only body graphics) so i taked example from Mechanical Defence and MAI. I hope this will works without DLL's
    <standardBodyGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/Body/Droid</standardBodyGraphicPath>
    <headGraphicPath>Pawns/Droid/Head/DroidHead</headGraphicPath>

And this for corpse graphic:
<dessicatedBodygraphicPath>Things/Pawns/Naked_Mia</dessicatedBodygraphicPath>

Helixien

Okay, just one more question (I am a noob when it comes to code modding), in which xml do I need to add these?

And thanks! :D

Adamiks

Oh, sorry i forget to say that you need this in PawnKindDef.

Adamiks

Helixien

So, I am getting around it now, sadly the head path does not work. I will simple merge the two textures then.

A bigger problem is, I cant spawn any of my cyborgs. Something I will however work out :D

EDIT: Well, its the weekend now, which means I have to work on my Skyrim mod^^ Anyway. if you want to check what I have done, mybe find the error yourself, I attached the files as a zip ;)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Adamiks

Sorry, but i don't even have time for my mods, so you will need to do it by yourself :/

Anonemous2

I'm working on a mod that also adds new races, and If I get my mod to work I'll try and fix yours too

Anonemous2

Also, If you want to spawn your race in, use the developer mode in the option menu and click on the first gear icon at the top of the screen, then use the spawn pawn tool. I tried to spawn your cyborg race in and got errors. ERROR:

Tried to generate spawn of humanlike race CyborgEnforcer with null faction. setting to. Verse.Log.Error.String.