11.834 single tailor starts 2 jobs at tailors table

Started by TLHeart, June 11, 2015, 12:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TLHeart

I have only one colonist set to tailor. He starts the duster, throws it down, starts a hat, throws it down, picks back up the duster....

game file attached

[attachment deleted due to age]

TLHeart

okay this gets even stranger....

An unfinished duster is laying on the table, fox is sleeping.

here is fox going to make pants.... still has the duster laying on the workbench.

fox walks up to the bench, still says making pants, and then this happens....
Fox is now making a cowboy hat, with a pair of unfinished pants on the side.

game save from when fox is sleeping attached.

[attachment deleted due to age]

RickyMartini

Hmm didn't even notice that. nice work. Btw since A11 is out, there technically isn't a tester version anymore. I would consider posting things like that under the general "Bugs". That way much more people can help and report stuff, or comment on your report with their own opinions/ideas/solutions.

TLHeart

Will do. maybe someone can move this one if they think it will help.

TLHeart

further investigation reveals that there are 3 items on the table, the hat, the pants, and the duster...

and the output log is very short....

Initializing map from file Tailor starts 2nd job with mods Core

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 56)

Platform assembly: C:\Users\Scott\Documents\My Games\RimWorld834Win\RimWorld834Win_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI.Hid> Failed to create device file:

1 Incorrect function.

(Filename:  Line: 54)

1 Incorrect function.

(Filename:  Line: 54)

1 Incorrect function.

Dakkanor

i also get this but i'm thinking it is just a quirk of the job system.
a few questions
1) are your jobs on the tailors bench all "make until X"?
2)has there been any change in available clothes? eg there was a raid and you stripped the raiders so now there is an extra duster of pair of pants?
3) why are pants a plural?

TLHeart

a quirk is a bug.
no, all bills are make x.
no change in available clothing.
two leg holes.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: TLHeart on June 13, 2015, 12:50:40 PM
a quirk is a bug.
no, all bills are make x.
no change in available clothing.
two leg holes.

That was nothing like a haiku. Good effort, though.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Tynan

Currently, FinishUnfinishedThings just looks for the closest unfinished thing and tries to finish it, regardless of the order of the bills.

What should happen is: it should check the bills and try to finish unfinished things in bill order. Then, it should scan for unfinished things, ignoring those assigned to bills, and see if it can do any of those.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

TLHeart

Quote from: Tynan on June 18, 2015, 03:41:02 PM
Currently, FinishUnfinishedThings just looks for the closest unfinished thing and tries to finish it, regardless of the order of the bills.

What should happen is: it should check the bills and try to finish unfinished things in bill order. Then, it should scan for unfinished things, ignoring those assigned to bills, and see if it can do any of those.

You missed the strangest part, 2 additional articles of clothing appear out of no where. Fox had an unfinished duster laying on the table, he walks up to the table, going to make pants,  and then there are 3 things on the table, a hat, pants, and the duster, all unfinished, and he is working on a hat. And he never moved from the table. He had started 3 items now, never went and got the additional supplies. Edit; and the supply of cloth in the inventory did not reduce either.

Tynan

No, those items are all stacked on top of each other on the table (perhaps another result of the bug).

TLHeart

Quote from: Tynan on June 18, 2015, 04:30:31 PM
No, those items are all stacked on top of each other on the table (perhaps another result of the bug).

usually they are scattered everywhere, not neatly stacked, I missed that part... :(

Tynan

FinishUnfinish breaks on binding pass because it makes the job (binding the uft), discards it, tries to make it again, fails because uft is bound.

Uft should be bound at job start.

Tynan

Seems fixed, one bug remains.

-1 unfinished small sculpture
-1 unfinished large sculpture
-1 sculpting table with a bill for each, neither bill is bound

Colonist takes the closest sculpture instead of the first one on the billgiver list.

WorkGiver_DoBill should scan for unfinished things to match to each bill. FinishUnfinishedThings should just go away, I think.

Tynan

Fixed now. This required some chunky refactoring! Thanks for reporting.