Opened world map

Started by pajok, June 11, 2015, 12:55:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajok

Hi!
1. Sorry if my english isnt good.(not my language)

There is a huge map and you cant travell trough.This is a missed opportunity.

What would be if :

1. you can go to the next zone at the map side or fast travel.

2. Dont need a Simultaneous simulation.

-If you send some colonist travelling and you watch your base zone they are wandering and maybe drop some random events(pirate attack) - if you accept then go the wanderer zone and fight. if decline than you get some random "punishment" .

-If you watch and control your wanderers ,then dont need simulate your base.(research,craft,bulid...are stopped...) maybe there are a random raids too.
if you switch back to base zone ,the life goes on.

3. Camping set and backpack for travellers.

4.Factions have huge massive randomized bases.If you attack and win ,than they will flee.No Raids from faction for 3-4 months,then they get a new base somewhere.   

With this things you have an "unlimited War Quest" ,can select beginning zone ,if you dont like your drop zone.....

What do you think?

Katorone

Me likes!
I honestly wouldn't mind some inspiration took from Evil Genius, where you can select missions and send a group of pawns to it.  But for RimWorld I'm thinking more of the interactive kind, where the mission map is a procedurally generated problem that needs fixing.  It could be combat, it could be humanitarian aid, discovering a large ruin that needs exploring, and so on.

Mechanoid Hivemind

I like the whole traveling thing but, but, but i just wann raid the enemy cause they raid us but we cant fight back, i call some major bs on this i wanna fight back beat some snot outa them burn their crops and pilage their items the loot is random like you find 700 silver and 2 charge rifles and a prisoner willing to come with you etc etc.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Katorone

Look at it this way though... If they can afford to send raiding parties of 60 or more so often, that means their villagers number in the thousands... Not sure we'd stand a chance against that.  Figuring we'd play by the same rules and their village gets a raid warning.  We'd get zerged.

Mechanoid Hivemind

Well what i was thinking of is since people want to start a huge city build the game (or mod this). So instead of attacking the main head quarters attack the smaller villages around them like, Attack on titan i suppose the titans broke a wall forcing people to flee to the bigger town making food even more difficult to keep high and then they force a raid on your town with those people knowing its a blood bath waiting to happen.

Then for the world map generator you will see the red villages and then a big oh lets say blue one that takes up a 2x2 and thats the main base and when you nail the smaller one there will be an attack when you get your troops home so you have no time to set up and the bigger the village the bigger the raid will be.

Or what could happen is those people that survive your raid have a random chance to give up (after half or more die). Then you get more people to come home with and grow your forces. I have hear alot of people on youtube playing this saying that the start and mid game are mostly the same on every colony, so spice it up and add like random ruins, abandoned weapons cash (weapons will be low health, chance to find a good wep in good condition), or you land near a outpost for a raider staging area, you can attack it and risk dieing or take that base for your own, loot it, etc etc

But my point still stands rimworld needs a major major game changing update that will force you to think each time you load a new colony up, otherwise it loses its charm thats why i take a break for several updates, to keep it playable. By major i mean coding something massive like you raiding enemy's bases.
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Katorone

They're right... Once you have a degree of control over food, temperature and security, the game becomes a bit more stale.
Attacking smaller villages would make more sense.

pajok

Maybe a portable mortar can help against enemy bases.
If there is 30 pirate with mortars and you make some damage(You kill 15 pirate and 2 mortars),but you have to flee,they grow back slowly.(after 1-2 mohnts they are 30 again).
But If you attack again after a weak,they become a weakened enemy and you have a bigger chance.

Random quest and missions are good immersion!
-Friendly faction ask help in base defense!.....