Animated limbs?

Started by longbyte1, June 11, 2015, 03:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longbyte1

If you notice, some animals just look like they are floating around places, since they are literally just one sprite with no individual parts. Maybe this can be tweaked so that each foot moves separately and gets bloody when it gets stabbed or shot, or just goes flying off.

As for colonists, maybe they should be doing stuff with their hands? For example, a pickaxe's swinging motion should be in sync with the actual mining task, and colonists should be doing things with their hands based on what they are holding. It would make the colonists' movements more dynamic and meaningful rather than just a status and a little particle effect.

EDIT: To clarify, that doesn't mean to add legs, I like when colonists look like they're floating their way to their destination. Just hands and other objects connected to the colonist.

Kraehe

I find the current air graphic style very atmospherically and hope that he will remain as he is.

Adamiks

+0.5

I agree with Kraehe - this makes Rimworld.... Rimworld? But i would like to see hands (not arms, only hands) like in Prison Architect!

MarcTheMerc

I like rollerskating wargs  :)
"So weird looking, like a twisted hulk of man and machine both scary and... well scary i mean it would look like a crab with limbs on limbs."

Yay i have a mod now ''https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20513.0''; It adds mercs

ciditi

Quote from: MarcTheMerc on June 12, 2015, 04:24:31 PM

Now I want an operation to remove skates from wargs and implant them on colonist haulers for a +10% movement speed.  ;D

Kraehe

Quote from: ciditi on June 12, 2015, 05:08:11 PM
Quote from: MarcTheMerc on June 12, 2015, 04:24:31 PM

Now I want an operation to remove skates from wargs and implant them on colonist haulers for a +10% movement speed.  ;D

Sorry they are DNA locked :P

Elixiar

Quote from: Adamiks on June 11, 2015, 05:52:34 PM
+0.5

I agree with Kraehe - this makes Rimworld.... Rimworld? But i would like to see hands (not arms, only hands) like in Prison Architect!

+1 was thinking this the other day. I'd like to see construction hammers and welding tools and little laser Drills. One hand if they have only one, and a little grey blob with a pokey bit for a scyther knife.

Legs not needed. Even for floaty animals of doom.
"We didn't crash here by accident... something brought us down". - Anon Rimworld Colonist

Jurgio

akiceabear

-1 - I like the art style as is, and would prefer development time invested in other areas.

Helixien

-1 I am happy with how it is.

kingtyris

+.5

Colonists should stay as-is, but wargs need a redesign. Either animate the legs or make them like muffalo, with long fur that conceals them.