Some ideas

Started by Nomad, June 01, 2015, 08:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

I think Rimworld offers sooo much potential for different animals since every planet you are capable of landing on can be different. Just think you can have a mutated dinosaur planet you crash land on. Maybe you land on an island and the only lifeforms there are birds. Since the hostile aliens seem to have psychic abilities perhaps some animals could have psychic traits and could drop items that can be crafted into psychic suppressants. While it is cool to see some recognizable (earth) animals on the planet you land on I think it would be more appropriate to see mostly really bizarre animals like a giant blob or giant bugs.

Bodog999

If possible, pets, they'll make the colony so much more alive. And colonists could play with the pets and their joy would go up.

How about Endothermic or Exothermic incidents? They could freeze/boil the planet for a while.

Meteor storms? They could come down for a few hours and explode on impact with the ground. Basically a retextured and explosive droppod, but ofcourse destructive :)

Hard winds/tornadoes/hurricanes/watersprouts which could displace some of your items and even fling your colonists or even better raiders to another place on the map. Watersprouts could make it rain for a short while.

Maybe a very rare and powerfull Railgun?

Some more furniture like couches and coffee tables. They could give some colonists a little break and they can talk to eachother. Social skill would be trained more.

Birthday parties, whenever a colonist has a birthday the other colonists could throw a party, giving a mood boost a joy boost and up cooking/social skills.

Cryosleep tubes and caskets which have an in-build timer to open up. You can set the timer to 10 days for example, after 10 days the cryosleep tube/casket opens up and the person inside would be released. This could be used as a last resort when raiders are completely invading your base, you escape to the tubes/pods so you would live. If the raiders didnt follow you.

Decoys to draw fire from raiders.

Camo, this would give another shooting/aiming debuff to the shooter on a target with camo, which makes the target harder to hit. There would be forest, snow, sand and rock camo.

Invisibility not permanent but for 20 seconds, this would allow you to quickly escape from enemies aiming/shooting at you. Yes this might just be very sci-fi but were on a rimworld with cryosleep caskets, orbital traders and droppods. Why wouldnt invisibility exist?

Animal breeding, this could give you a source of meat instead of hunting a squirrel at the other side of the map.

Thats it for this post, was thinking about these things for 30 min straight.

demacrex

There could be some form of orbital platform that you detect once building a orbital trade unit that was built by an ancient races that has since left the planet but you could find something on the surface that could act as a control unit for the platform to use it but it has one or an extremely low amount of uses, but it could be a weapon to shoot a passing ship down, or attack raiders/sappers or a portal or something that could bring an alien race to attack or help you, and it might only spawn on maps that spawn with an 'ancient control rod' or something in one of the mentioned ancient underground temples when they get worked out, just an idea and also if anyone can point my in the direction on where to learn how to do any of these things asked for and I'll try :)
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.