Graphics problems on A11 mod update ...

Started by nash076, June 11, 2015, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nash076

Since I'm an impatient sort, I thought I'd try my had at updating one of my favorite mods myself, the RTG power generator.  I understand that the texture stuff was changed from A10, so I analyzed a few of the mods that had already been updated and figured out the differences.  However, I'm still having trouble.

Before, simply using the A10 mod in A11 resulted in Rimworld throwing up a ton of errors and not even starting.  Now after my own edits Rimworld will launch, but it throws these errors:

I've tried different directory structures, but nothing helps. I know the PNG files are good, because they worked in A10.  Also, I've googled everywhere to understand the "graphicOverdraw" error, and I can't find a way to update it or where to place it in the XML to make it register properly.  Help, please!

Shinzy

the graphic paths were all changed
from th old
<graphicPath>
<graphicClass>
to
<graphicData>
<texPath></texPath>
<graphicClass></texPath>
</graphicData>

and I believe the graphic overdraw is now <drawsize>2,2
the numbers depend on the size of the image

Edit:  check the coremod's Defs/ThingDefs/Buildings_Power.xml
for some examples

nash076

Thank you!  That's one bug down ...

But I'm still getting this:

I'm pretty sure the files are in the correct location, and I know these PNG files work (they worked in A10, at least).  What am I doing wrong?

Shinzy

Oh! actually remove from the file paths all the texts that list the 'texture' as a part of the path?

either that or make a folder inside the mod's 'textures' folder and name that as textures as well

the file path knows to look inside the 'textures' folder as default, you see
so you don't have to specifically write that yourself in the path

the error says it's trying to find the ASRG/RTG textures inside the Texture folder
but as it starts it's search inside texture folder it can't find any other folder named same, you see? ;D
It could be that!

if that's not it can you please attach the files here somewhere, I could take a look
(it could be something small and hard to spot: the thing is very precise)

nash076

Well, I tried a few things, and ended up frustrated.  I even tried making a directory structure inside the mod folder identical to the ones listed for the default power buildings; still no dice.  If you could have a look and tell me what the heck I'm getting wrong, I'd appreciate it.

[attachment deleted due to age]

skullywag

Just add the name of the texture onto the end of the path, you only have the folders.

so for example:

<graphicData>
      <texPath>Things/Building/Power/ASRG/ASRG</texPath>
      <graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
      <drawSize>(3,3)</drawSize>
    </graphicData>
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?