Alpha 11: My new LP on Ice Sheet, Cassandra Extreme and Randomized Colonists!

Started by AdvsInfinity, June 12, 2015, 02:22:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdvsInfinity

Alpha 11 is here and I wanted to quickly shout it out and share my experiences with the new systems. This colony will also feature the first time I'll impose a challenge on myself. I was going to do more but, what can I say, Tynan's changes gave me a little pause for thought  :-X

This run will be of course be on Cassandra Extreme. I used Randy in A10 but he just fell asleep too often, especially towards the endgame. I ended up sometimes with an hour space in between raids and ended up cutting a LOT of footage out of the videos consequently. I will also of course be going to the newly opened Ice Sheet biome. I did a test run already before the video and while tricky, I don't think it's insurmountable, especially after passing the initial difficulty hump  ;D. And finally my self imposed challenge will be completely random Colonists, I can't scan them for good personality traits and once I recruit someone or have someone join I'm stuck with my decision to recruit them and have to make it work. To do this I will disallow myself from seeing the Character or Needs tabs if they aren't one of my colonists. I will still defer potential colonists if there's major crippling factors on health or an impractically high recruitment threshold on the prisoner tab.

I believe this will prove to make things interesting with me not able to telepathically discern a colonists personality or character and will lead to compelling challenges to overcome on top of Extreme Cassandra and the Ice sheet. I'm sure it will give my usual inordinate-amounts-of-pre-planning and leadership skills a run for their money. Go ahead and visit if you think it might tickle your fancy, we'd love to have ya in the comments discussions ;).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de0nGDjVCAs

I don't really feel the need to spam you guys so I'll just leave it at that, see ya'll there!