With the right features Rimworld could be a billion dollar franchise $$$$

Started by StinkFist, June 12, 2015, 06:21:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StinkFist

if npcs could dig, clear and build their own structures and towns without any input from a human. i wonder what they would build?

if an AI colony could decide to go to war or call a truce. Collect resources on their own and assimilate new workers, soldiers, lords and children.  Who would the AI sacrifice under pressure?

i play minecraft with my son and think how amazing minecraft would be if the npcs were as dynamic as Rimworld.  LOL if Rimworld became voxel, would it be a billion dollar franchise if npcs clear, build, trade, store, make love and war?

InfectedToeNail

You're saying to make it just a visual game where you watch the people do stuff, or that we would watch other colonies do it, and you control your own. In my opinion, a voxel style would not fit this game.

cuproPanda

Quote from: StinkFist on June 12, 2015, 06:21:44 PM
if npcs could dig, clear and build their own structures and towns without any input from a human. i wonder what they would build?

if an AI colony could decide to go to war or call a truce. Collect resources on their own and assimilate new workers, soldiers, lords and children.  Who would the AI sacrifice under pressure?

i play minecraft with my son and think how amazing minecraft would be if the npcs were as dynamic as Rimworld.  LOL if Rimworld became voxel, would it be a billion dollar franchise if npcs clear, build, trade, store, make love and war?

Becoming a voxel-based game would ruin RimWorld, since it would become a completely different game. Some might even say it's then too similar to Minecraft. It would be interesting to see NPCs establishing themselves, and the player could choose to help them grow, or set up an embargo and declare (Town-at-the-Valley) an enemy state. Features like this may be included later in some form, and I agree depending on how they're implemented they could be very fun additions.

BTW, have you heard of the Custom NPCs mod for Minecraft? They don't build colonies, but you can set up some basic commands (go here at sundown, sell these items, only attack creepers with your crossbow, etc.) that really bring life to your town. There's even some lua scripting if you're so inclined
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!