Long-term tasks

Started by Cdr.Keen, June 21, 2015, 07:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cdr.Keen

I played every alpha about 25h to 40h since alpha 3.  at the moment, building and optimizing is the game for me. but when i'm done with my base, food supply, power and stuff - there is nothing more to do for me.

So basically, i'm trading stuff, doing business - but this is not as satisfying at all. i'm thinking about some long-term ideas to get a reason to keep my colony busy.

Spaceport

There are so many ships and visitors crossing - why not offer some services to them.

Cool idea is, to offer rooms (new bed type like prisoner) for rent like a hotel. Visitors will stay for a while, eat, joy and pay after leaving. New room: shop, to sell stuff to visitors. also offer long time safety to visitors which causes raids and so on (pay for security). A space hospital to treat visitors. A space ship workshop (repair ships for payment).

Of course there are much more ideas to create some sort of society. Most of the basics (trading, visitors, bed types, safety, rescue) are already in the game. Maybe it's possible to mod out the idea in some way.
be water my friend!