Create A Ruin!

Started by SteelHeart, June 13, 2015, 04:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteelHeart

The idea of this thread is to come up with various ruins or landmarks that can be used to populate maps.

to create a ruin just give us this:

Name: duh
Where you find it: it can be anywhere or only found in a specific biome
Further description: shape and contents and maybe even a little backstory

Two examples...

Name: Crypt
Where: graveyards
Description: some kind of stone structure with a desiccated corpse inside. The corpse will generally spawn with good to legendary items but opening the crypt makes everyone (but physcos) feel bad.

Name: Waste Tank
Where: toxic/wasteland
Description: a steel barrel with some uranium inside. The floor is toxic sludge so be carful about collecting it.

Need a good setting to put your ruin in? Check out the "Create A Biome" thread http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13687.0

HelpzTePoopies

What about:
Name:Collapsed outpost/keep
Where you find it: Anywhere
Further description: Contains weapons etc. and Gold/silver

Gonumen

I think it's a good idea, there not many structures in the game.
So so about something like this:
Name: Space soliders barracks:
Where you find it: Anywhere
FD: Few steel houses, maybe a fence-like wall around them, contains skeletons of old soliders and some weapon racks and beds in the buildings.

Kyos

Fallout Shelter:
A steel and concrete bunker complex hidden inside the mountain, may contain mechanoid defenders. May have goodies. May have automated defenses. Rarely has a working power system.

Outlander Military Cache
Sealed and hidden depot of weapons and supplies, may upset the local towns if raided.

Power Relay:
A simple long abandoned shack with some batteries and wiring.

Tribal Burial Site:
Cavern with some graves inside, disturbing it will bring the local tribes down on you. Unlikely to have goodies. Possibly silver or gold.

Toxic Waste Dump:
Sealed chamber filled with noxious goop.

Ruined city biome:

The long decrepit skeleton of a once proud city: lots of concrete streets and pavement, some surviving infrastructure and wiring, lots of collapsed shops and storehouses. Limited greenspace can hinder agriculture efforts. Few natural resources.

Mechanoid Hivemind

What i wanna see is the city thing. Just image landing into an almost complete city? I would enjoy that very much
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

ousire

The city thing would probably work, if you made it a very small biome of it's own. That way you could see it on the map, and know to land there. Then you could make it similar to the already existing abandoned buildings, but just turn the generation of those up insanely high and have em cover the whole map screen, with some concrete streets scattered around, maybe a few doors and wires in place too.

I wonder if it's possible to mod that in? Can you mod in new biomes yet? Or control the rate of ruins generation?

Mechanoid Hivemind

Quote from: ousire on June 16, 2015, 05:01:11 PM
The city thing would probably work, if you made it a very small biome of it's own. That way you could see it on the map, and know to land there. Then you could make it similar to the already existing abandoned buildings, but just turn the generation of those up insanely high and have em cover the whole map screen, with some concrete streets scattered around, maybe a few doors and wires in place too.

I wonder if it's possible to mod that in? Can you mod in new biomes yet? Or control the rate of ruins generation?
To an extent yes, you can edit what stuff they spawn as. But their configuration i have no clue
The individual is obsolete. When you and your kind are extinct, we will cleanse our collective memory of the stain of your existence.

Rainbowlicious

Missile Silo: A small 2-4 roomed bunker. Usually contains some loot, and a relic from the past guarding it.
Found: anywhere, maybe not in ice caps
2 rooms: Silo (empty, maybe have slag/scrap here, all entrances have doors) and Control (comms console with a stool and an empty battery, good chance of spawning a old, beaten up scyther)
3 rooms: Silo, Control, and Barracks (2 beds and table with two stools, maybe 2 random naked/poor clothed skeletons? Also some loot)
4 rooms: Silo, Control, Barracks, and Armory (poor under 25% condition rifle and/or handgun and/or armor vest.)
Rooms could be interconnected with a small walkway, or just wall-wall

Would work indoors and out, maybe a message warning about it like when colonists approach crypto-vaults?

demacrex

Ancient cave system - any biome with hills/mountain (higher percentage of rare ores in there e.g gold, silver and uranium)
'The ones who came before' Outpost - any biome (gives a random research item e.g cryosleep cask or something similar, possibly also a poor quality end game weapon like the charge rifle or something along those lines)
'The sanctuary grove' - so this is an idea I got after playing a map for around 50 ingame days and the whole right hand top corner of the map was covered in rock on a small hills map so I chose it as my base and after mining into it, it revealed a grassland area behind the mountain that was undiscovered and now every time I see mountains I'm filled with a desire to mine into them and find out what is there if at all anything so this one is like any biome (all rich soil and a higher spawn rate for animals in the grove area [if possible???])
Ancient temple - any biome, maybe mountain so it can be hidden (contains gold+silver items plus evidence of ritual sacrifice, will anger one of the local tribes if opened)
and that's what I have for now :)
If Rimworld taught me anything, it's that 95% of your problems can be killed and eaten.