A very peculiar sugestion/mod idea.

Started by Aluzird, November 09, 2013, 08:50:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aluzird

Note:This is not for the current game, or even for the game itself. Just something that was moving around my head and i thought i would share.
Rimworld is a "sci-fi colony sim driven by an intelligent AI storyteller"(taken from kikstarter).
And while looking around kikstarter i found the Ryuutama Natural Fantasy Role-Playing Game.
So i realized the game's structure(Rimworld's) would make for a very good RPG in a way like the table top games:
*There's the Game Master that would never tire of us(The storyteller, the one who creates the dungeons/quests/cities);
*We have the characters with their already incorporated leveling/skills system;
*A way to use different  weapons(bow/arrow=guns, magic/fireball=grenade/molotov, sword/shield=melee).
What do you all think of this?

Tonixzmac

"Magic, Fire Ball"
Bro your in a wrong game lets be really here
it's not a Fantasy game it's a sci-fi colony sim like you said.

If you want fire ball HAVE A FLAME THROWER !!

TechnicPyro

That is why he stated it was a mod idea.  Technically, it would still be a sci-fi simulator, just not in the way it was originally intended to be played hence his use of the term "mod."  I think some people would find this enjoyable, but you have to realize that the developer is working on the actual game.  I would suggest moving this to the "Mods" section of the forums where people discuss different ideas such as this one.

henrytm82

Quote from: Tonixzmac on December 11, 2013, 11:56:13 PM
"Magic, Fire Ball"
Bro your in a wrong game lets be really here
it's not a Fantasy game it's a sci-fi colony sim like you said.

If you want fire ball HAVE A FLAME THROWER !!

I believe what he meant was that the game is already set up to be similar to fantasy RPGs; he's not saying he wants magic fireballs in this game, he's saying that this game already has molotovs and grenades, which are like this game's own version of magic fireballs in fantasy RPGs. He's saying that the sci-fi weapons and skills we already know and love are analogous to fantasy tropes, and that means that this game is already on-track to become a sci-fi RPG.

I don't know if I explained it any better than he did, but no, he doesn't want fireballs ;)
"When you know not of what you speak, your mouth is best used for chewing."
-Walter Slovotsky

todofwar

I think Stonehearth would be what you're looking for, another game in a similar vane that is more RPG like and is set in a fantasy world.

TechnicPyro

I don't think Stone Hearth is what he is looking for.  It sounds like he wants a SCI-FI RPG MOD that could be installed if you actually wanted it.  He wants a mod of the game into an RPG format.