Can we please have child/sub-boards for Mods for different versions?

Started by nmid, June 15, 2015, 07:12:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmid

I'm sure this has been thought of 10 times already.. and I know the outdated mod sub forums was working so far, there will be people who want to continue playing A10 and have A11 as well.

Having child-boards would help us new converts and keep a10/a11 threads separate too.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Dakkanor

Adamiks

+1 but only when mod creators will have permissions for moving their mods.

skullywag

But what if a modder doesnt keep old versions of mods around and is constantly iterating them?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Adamiks

Quote from: skullywag on June 15, 2015, 12:50:22 PM
But what if a modder doesnt keep old versions of mods around and is constantly iterating them?

Warning -> Warning -> Ban -> Perm.

And i don't think that someone would do this. To be modder you'll need to have more IQ than monkey ;D

skullywag

I dont let people download old versions of my mods....if youre not on the latest version of the game and ive updated a mod to it you wont be getting a dl link for the old version. I mean i may have left the odd link live but im not gonna promote it and i deffo wont have an old thread for it. I make a mod, make a thread, that mod gets updated to new alpha the thread woukd move to new alpha sub forum.

Adamiks

Quote from: skullywag on June 15, 2015, 12:59:10 PM
I dont let people download old versions of my mods....if youre not on the latest version of the game and ive updated a mod to it you wont be getting a dl link for the old version. I mean i may have left the odd link live but im not gonna promote it and i deffo wont have an old thread for it. I make a mod, make a thread, that mod gets updated to new alpha the thread woukd move to new alpha sub forum.

Ah, you're talking about this. I don't see a big problem at this point. If you mod is updated you would can move him to A11 but also have older versions in this thread.

skullywag

But that then breaks the ui of having child sub forums as you have a mod for old alphas that cannot be found in the alphas sub forum....

Adamiks

Quote from: skullywag on June 15, 2015, 01:03:59 PM
But that then breaks the ui of having child sub forums as you have a mod for old alphas that cannot be found in the alphas sub forum....

Hmmm... I still don't see a big problem, because it's obvious that you can find older versions in updated mods. This would be useful to storage abandoned mods and a lot of mods are abandoned for a long time, because modder just don't have time to update it. You can even find mods from A9 in Releases forum!

nmid

Quote from: skullywag on June 15, 2015, 12:59:10 PM

.... but I want to play A10 for a while longer!

I was actually thinking of starting an A11 colony and having my A10 colony too, but it would require me to backup and restore my config \user\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld everytime I wanted to play a different version.
Holding off on that and staying with A10... and waiting for a few more mods to update to A11 ;)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

Adamiks

nmid

iirc, it only talks about savegames. Didn't think it had anything to say about config files.
Might have missed it, cuz I do remember Tynan saying he was going to make it portable...

Adamiks

Quote from: nmid on June 15, 2015, 01:44:13 PM
iirc, it only talks about savegames. Didn't think it had anything to say about config files.
Might have missed it, cuz I do remember Tynan saying he was going to make it portable...

Actually it just change saving location of all files in Users/Ludeon Team/RimWorld

So yea - configs too.

nmid

awesome.
Going to try out A11 this weekend.. or perhaps tmrw :)