T.A.H.I.T.I. (WIP) Need Help

Started by jakendrick3, June 21, 2015, 10:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jakendrick3

So, let me start off by saying, I'm a semi-capable modder. I've got the XML system down, I know how it interacts with the DLLs and I have a basic understanding of how to mod with the DLLs.

I've been trying to make a mod that lets you bring back colonists from the dead. I'll work on balance/lore/integration later but for now I just want to get the functionality down. And the first thing on the to-do list is figuring out how to preform an operation on the dead. I know I could do it other ways, but a extended crafting table isn't what I want. I want to revive my precious colonists inside a fully decked procedure room with a qualified doctor operating. So again, no extended crafting table fixes. I need to preform an operation on a dead body, and I have pretty much no idea where to start. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

mrofa

What you need is a map component in dll, that would save colonists stats ,looks and other stuff, lets say once a day.
Next thing is a grave like building/bed that will show body graphic or even body itself and also preserve it.
And the last thing you  need to to make custom jobs to operate.
All i do is clutter all around.

Haplo

You don't exactly need to save the colonists stats, as the pawn object of the colonist is still inside the corpse. So you can access it directly if you have the corpse. But that's about all of my knowledge as I didn't delve into necromancy yet ;)

isistoy

Maybe I am not on spot at all, but isn't there a zombie apocalypse mod, that might be of interest?
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

StorymasterQ

I just have to butt in and say...

"It's a magical place."
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

skullywag

Haplos right corpses have an internal pawn that holds all the info you would need. Youd just have to create a new pawn copy the data over and spawn it. Theres more to it than that but thats the general gist.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?