Don't put traps in your colony entrance passage

Started by muffins, June 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaxxa

But how would the raiders know?

I would like to see a system where they will eventually path back over traps incase they have been moved, so after a a few months they will "forget" about the trap.

Toggle

I meant that if they see the area where the traps were moved they'll use it again.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

The-MathMog

Quote from: muffins on June 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM
I thought I could safely pull a Dwarf Fortress and put a ton of traps in my colony's entrances. Instead one of my favourite colonists accidentally set one off as she was walking by and got decapitated.

:'(

I'm thinking that the passage should have been 2-wide so colonists could path around them.

Wow, that is pretty brutal.. Sorry for your loss..

Here is how I do it, hope it can help. It let's the pawns go out, while enemies have to go through traps :)

kahlzun

I put rocks and debris around the traps so that they path through the traps. I haven't noticed any enemies avoiding the traps, but they would be slowed in full view of my turrets even if they did...
Look for me on the KSP forums!
Rimworld. The game where getting a cannibal psychopath with bloodlust is a good thing.

Toggle

Quote from: The-MathMog on July 28, 2015, 12:09:36 AM
Quote from: muffins on June 15, 2015, 06:52:46 PM
I thought I could safely pull a Dwarf Fortress and put a ton of traps in my colony's entrances. Instead one of my favourite colonists accidentally set one off as she was walking by and got decapitated.

:'(

I'm thinking that the passage should have been 2-wide so colonists could path around them.

Wow, that is pretty brutal.. Sorry for your loss..

Here is how I do it, hope it can help. It let's the pawns go out, while enemies have to go through traps :)

Actually a pretty good idea. I'd just make one tunnel to the side with an entrance/door on both then the middle in order to reset the traps without risk each one.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.